Sunday, June 3, 2012

Distracted

The other day I asked Thea a question.

I said, "Thea, am I too nice or not strict enough that you do not listen to my instructions?"

She replied, "You are too nice."

I said, "Oh.... so it is because I am nice that is why you are not listening to my instructions?"

She replied, "Not really, mommi."

I asked, "Then what is it?"

She replied, "I am distracted, mommi"

I was surprised... and then asked again, "What are you distracted by, pumpkin?"

She replied, "Your beauty"

Obviously, I burst out into laughter since I was expecting her to tell me that it was the trees, or the moon or the sun...

And she continued, "You are so beautiful and I keep getting distracted by your beauty, that's why I couldn't concentrate on your instructions."

With that, she came forth and gave me a big hug.

For all I know, she was trying to get her way around... but then again, who cares? My constant observation of her behavior tells me that she is such a beautiful, beautiful being with much love to offer to herself and the world around her.

I love you, Thea.

2 comments:

  1. I like that it ended with a big hug. Not many parents would choose to see the innocent beauty of a child. Many would choose to believe that the child is trying to manipulate them with sweet words and therefore would scold the child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I thought she was pretty smart... haha!

    ReplyDelete