Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Preparing CNY

i do not own this image - i picked it up from the internet

It seems like only yesterday that we just celebrated CNY and the next wave is coming on in 2 weeks. It is supposed to be a busy period for the Chinese Clan. Strangely, I don't really feel busy at all - not for CNY anyway. Perhaps it is because I haven't given much thought about what and how I'd like to decorate the new crib. Buying CNY clothes is easy now - I go to the mall twice every week (because of T's classes) though I haven't quite prioritize that in the to-do list.

But.... I have prioritized one thing on the to-do list which is to materialize the osmanthus jelly cake (known as 'Kwai Fa Gou' soon before the CNY festival.

i do not owe this image - i picked it up from http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com
I find her recipe pretty authentic as it uses water chestnut powder rather than the gelatin or konyaku jelly powder. Although I am in no position to tell what is the difference right now (amateur mah), but I am pretty excited to try it out. If it works well, there will be an additional can-do item on my plate! :D Will update how this osmanthus cake turn out. :)

So for those busy preparing for CNY - don't forget about your loved ones too! They are the ones who makes CNY a little more meaningful, if any at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment