Saturday, June 5, 2010

Patience

I guess when we are patient at times, we allow better opportunities to come along. I was waiting for this quotation which took ages to arrive. Finally when it arrived, I asked for a demonstration. He kept on saying that he is busy, and made me feel as if our community business is not as important. Perhaps because it is a sale to a Resident Association with low profit margins, but this is just my judgment anyway, and I am not happy with him, because I am not happy with my perception of him.

So I waited and waited for his call anyway which never came. And soon, I remembered that one of the street rep emailed me a number. I picked up the phone and called the number immediately. Not only was response fast! The boss was literally explaining to me how the whole system works already, as if I could understand! :/

The point here, besides the education, is that this new guy was very willing to share information with me and give me proper, professional advise on how to get the most benefits of the units which I was about to purchase for the community. Not only that, he even gave me suggestions on how to improve this and that around the neighbourhood. And later I found out, he used to stay in this exact neighbourhood years ago, but now moved to another garden. What is most pleasant to find out is that he is also a Vice President of his Resident Association!! No Wonder!!!! So his roll of advice went on and on... Because he understood the functions that I was playing, he gave me lots of pointers to consider. I was just too grateful and felt very much supported. :)

Well, I am waiting for a quotation, again. And this time, I am crossing fingers that this experience will be different from the previous! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment