Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Hong Kong

Just came back from Hong Kong. Hubby couldn't make it due to work so Thea and I left for HK all by ourselves. Felt really independant and had loads of fun with Thea, just me and her. It was a good thing that hubby didn't come along because I had wanted to take her on a holiday just me and her. She was a very good girl, didn't stray far from me, sticking close to me and I was a very good mommi too! I bought her most of what she wanted.. haha!

Mom and the others arrived the next day but we hardly hung out much because they were the shopping kind and Thea and I were the wait-and-see-what-we-feel-like-doing kind.. haha.. Most of the time, we were at the hotel just watching Mickey mouse reruns and only went out for walks at nearby malls for lunch and some shopping.

Thea was really home sick though. She cried a little in the night before she slept saying how she missed home, and sometimes in the middle of the sleep too. Hubby was very touched. She is just so darned homely! But she did enjoy herself in HK, having meals and spending time with her godparents and also her favourite aunt! I trust that she enjoyed her time with me too. Basically, it was just us both. The others were constantly on the lookout for us though, ensuring our comfort and making sure we are alright. The thing is, we are in HK! There is no way we won't be alright! Haha!

One of my most memorable times was being able to meet up with 2 new friends. What I had expected to just be a touch-n-go dinner, turned out to be a warm and cozy night of non-stop chatting in our room. It was splendid! And shopping was, needless to say was heavenly.

Mom told Thea, "Thea, when you come to HK, you walk-walk-walk and then when you see something nice, you walk into the shop and buy-buy-buy; after that you walk-walk-walk again and then you see something nice again, you walk into the shop and buy-buy-buy again... and then you walk-walk-walk again... until you become tired, you stop at a coffee shop to rest for a while and then you walk-walk-walk again.. that is HK for you!" I burst out laughing so hard and wondered what kind of ideas mom was trying to impose on Thea!! haha! But it was fun! and I am sure Thea is wise enough to conjure up her own meaning of HK!

We were both very tired by the last day, which was yesterday. But we were both excited to be heading home. Though flight was delayed, it gave us an opportunity to enjoy the Travel Lounge, something that I've been wanting to try. The space allowed us clean toilets, ok buffet spread, comfy sofas to rest and most importantly, plug points to charge the iTouch! haha..

I wouldn't mind doing this with Thea again though I think she will think twice before leaving behind her dada and her kakak and her Doby and her Salsa again! Haha! She is indeed very homely and I am loving her for it. :D

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I would love to take Caitlin for a holiday on our own, minus hubby! Hehehehehhe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother-daughter bonding time - nice! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete