Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dragonfly, Dragonfly

I've always felt a deep affiliation with dragonflies. Of course, it came to a point in time, where I actually 'forgot' how dragonflies made me feel, until the time when I was thinking of a design for my first tattoo, the first thing that came to my mind, was a dragonfly.

And dragonflies fly around my garden most of the time, mostly red ones and occasional green or mixed with yellow ones. They are beautiful. Unfortunately, each time I attempt to go closer to them, they fly away.

I have been thinking of getting a second tattoo, and nothing comes to mind except dragonflies again. And the other day, I was telling Alina about it and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "well, you have always loved dragonflies". I was shocked because I thought it was just a recent thing as in a few years ago that I've developed such love for dragonflies and she said no. She reminded me that during school days, I would tell her how much I loved dragonflies and would draw dragonflies on pieces of paper. It was weird, as I could not recall that part of my memory. Well, she always has good memory, so no point arguing with her.

So I've got this dragonfly design that someone dear has taken the time and effort to draw for me, and I was showing it to Thea. She smiled and said, "oh mommi, it's a dragonfly and it's your favourite..." again, shocked.. how did she know? ah well... perhaps I have been unconsciously talking about it that people pick it up! So interesting...

Well, dragonflies denote a symbol of carefreeness, innocence and love for me. Perhaps there are deeper meanings, I have yet to discover. But they bring me joy almost all the time when I see them hovering around my garden.

The other day, I was really down, and there was this dragonfly at my car poach which was pretty unusual as they usually just stay in the garden area. I moved up close to it, and it did not fly away. It was the closest I've ever been to a dragonfly, as if reminding me of my innocence. I was so touched that I burst into tears. It was a lovely moment for me.

2 comments:

  1. The dragonfly was telling you that you are loved and there is nothing to be sad about. Knowing that you have this thing for dragonflies, it decided to make its presence felt.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a rare and wonderful thing to have a special connection with another living being.

    ReplyDelete