Thursday, November 25, 2010

Inked Again!

I have been thinking of getting a second tattoo for quite some time. I think I mentioned it in some previous entries. A loved one designed it for me - simply beautiful.

After ding-ding-dong-dong for quite a while, I took the printed design to the tattoo parlour to make an deposit and an appointment which I had expected to be say, 2-3 weeks from yesterday? And she asked me, "are you free now? we could do it for you right away!" I was shocked... but since I had to fetch Thea from school in an hour, and it didn't cross my mind to ask my beloved brother for assistance, I blurted that I can't. And she suggested again, "how about Friday?" wow, this was interesting! As the dates didn't seem quite far off! This place has been known for being fully booked and I must be lucky! Finally settled in for today at 11am.

The experience this time round was somewhat different from the first. The first time was a lot of nervousness and this time, there was a lot of excitement and joy. I had to keep bringing myself back from the excitement otherwise I'd be skipping and jumping all over! A lady at the bench asked me, "are you nervous?" I smiled and said, "surprisingly, no! I am estatic!"

The whole process of drawing and inking took about 2 hours. Painful? hmm.. yes and no.. and I had so much fun chatting with Lina, the tattoo artist. It was like finding a kindred spirit in the midst of a tattoo inking session!!

The end result - beautiful... and I don't know how to express the joy and gratitude I feel for the experience. Poor hubby has to wait for 3 months for his tattoo session... and I got mine almost instanteously!

I can't help admiring it. At least now I get to see the dragonfly without having to turn my back. :)

3 comments:

  1. Any chance of us getting to see a photo of your beautiful dragonfly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course mun! When it is healed, I will post it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete