Friday, December 24, 2010

Ma Maison

It is our anniversary month and he did well. A few days ago, he asked me if I was free on 23rd as he wanted to bring me out for dinner. I said ok. I did not even ask where. And then I remembered, that it was to celebrate our anniversary though one day before the actual.

He came home from work, and rested. He waited for me to finish an important phonecall I needed to make before we proceeded for dinner. He still did not tell me where we were going, except that we were going to a french restaurant. He himself has not been there. It was a new adventure for both of us.

When we arrived there, we were greeted by a frenchman, the owner - Ba'ton. Don't know how, we just started talking and eventually joined tables with two other guests there. So 5 of us chatted like we were some old friends throughout dinner.

Dinner was really good and company was warm. Ba'ton kept telling us that this restaurant is not a restaurant, but his home, and it was born out of love and shared with us his love story. It was such heartwarming to receive some sharing of love from someone we didn't even know but felt like we knew him forever...

Food was really good.. it was authentic and very much like home-cooked. Hubby commented that he could tell that the food was cooked with passion and love, which very much spoke of Ba'ton. I'd say he is a funny and really open guy, often hopping from one table to another not to make his customers happy, but to make customers his friends...

So if you are keen on french food and enjoy the comfort of a cozy ambience, check out Ma Masion. By the way, Ma Masion also means My home, in french.

Blessed Christmas everyone. :)

2 comments:

  1. Blessed Christmas to you and your family! and Happy anniversary to you and your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Ma Maison sounds like a great place....have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete