Monday, February 3, 2014

Changing the Address

Finally took the effort to head to JPN to change the address on the identity card. Supposed to bring T but changed my mind as I wasn't sure what the crowd would be like. 

Made the trip without breakfast and arrived at 9ish. As expected, already lots of people (though I secretly wished for lesser people). Took the form and number and it said: -


Been waiting eversince with intermissions of heading to the plaza to buy some buns and tea (aka breakfast), toilet break attempts (when there's a queue I just walk back to the waiting area), to the furniture shop at the plaza and now, finally finding a seat to rest my poorly functioning feet. 

Ever since, I have been hearing 'ding dong's non-stop and it is still at about 4165 at this moment as I type this out on my smart phone. Not too bad though a long way to go for me. 

The very interesting part of this is that I noticed my arm automatically clinging tightly to my handbag but with a little intent of not letting it be too obvious. Just in case people feel offended if they thought I thought they were going to snatch my bag (which was secretly my thought). But as I observed others (while holding on to my handbag) I realised that people were there for their own reasons (and who would be so free to check out what's in my bag except me). I (well, my mind) was literally projecting that everyone there was out to get me and that made me behave in the most defensive way. Who stressed and suffered? Me. Even in the slightest way. 

True that they are all strangers. But they are equal as I am - a noble citizen coming forth to do what is necessary (for whatever reason) as I was, with the government offices for our country and ourselves. We are all Malaysians, are we not? And so strange that my mind projects a sense of necessary protection and defense against them - as if I could be harmed or encounter any unpleasant experience by my very own country men. 

Of course, there are some confused 'bad' hats. But is it wise or clear at all to project the entire forest as being notorious just because there exists some poisonous bushes? Nope, not wise at all. 

The 'ding' has 'dong'ed number 4188 now. Great! 

3 comments:

  1. Patience is a virtue. Glad to see you waited patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Mun, I didn't wait. 'System Tergendala'... LOLs

    But I went back another day and got it sorted out. If you have not change yours. I'd highly recommend to go in the afternoon. Less people, more seats, waiting time is also minimized. But then again, the guy who took the photo (these days very canggih, no need to bring own photo, they take it for you), come in the morning because most counters are open. So.... I guess go whenever it feels right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I have not changed to the new ic yet so have to do it one fine day.

      Delete