Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lamb Stew

It was a success!!!!



I googled the recipe of course and looked through it several times. It took me quite a while to get the ingredients together because I wasn't really in a rush. So since the Guardian Angel was not around yesterday and today, and I had to take T to a dentist yesterday and there was a Jaya Grocer there; I completed the grocery list needed for this lamb stew recipe.

I looked through the recipe this morning and realised that it would take 2.5 hours of simmering! I was quite worried I might not have enough time since I would only get home about 4ish considering the fact that nothing was prepared. But I trusted the entire process and started to chop the necessary veges and other ingredients.

Dinner was ready at about 640pm and boy was it super duper yummy! It was so delicious that I even complimented it with bread after I finished my rice! Because the portion I cooked was for 6, and I only have 2.5 pax to enjoy what I cooked tonight for dinner (T being the 0.5), I succumb to the thought of sending the leftovers to dad tomorrow morning to let him try it since it was so yummy (by my standards)! Lols.

Dad has always wanted to experience the cooking side of me. He has been preaching to me about cooking since before I left for Australia in 1997 for my further education. Although I did manage to dish up some decent food for him once in a blue moon over the years (and it is countable by my five fingers), it was nothing really spectacular and obviously not worth remembering. Lols.

As the stew was getting itself ready on the stove, I did wonder why hadn't I taken the time to really enjoy any of such when I was still a housewife, or a wife. I would have the whole day or loads of free time to make it "perfect" (though now is as perfect as it is - lols). In addition, I think the ex-hubby would have really enjoyed it since he had a thing for cooking too. It could have been something that we both enjoyed together as a couple. But then again, there is no accident in anything that happens. I guess I was just not ready since it was not within my priority list then. Am I ready now? Well, I actually don't know. But I am clear that I am doing it now because I want to and not because I have to please or keep anybody.

Anyway, I called dad and told him about the delicious homemade lamb stew and that I am going to send it to him tomorrow morning. His words to me was, "make sure it is nice ah" lols. He is so cute sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of your lamb stew and I think I will like the taste of it too. :) Did your father enjoy eating it?

    ReplyDelete