Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet Hubby

He is truly sweet.

Yesterday we both had an early dinner, just me and him while Thea was at painting class, and he said, "Guardian angel coming back on xxx right? hmm... yyy days left before she comes back..."

I laughed at his statement and asked, "why... you miss her already meh.. it has only been 5 days wor..."

And he replied, "no.. I miss you..."

I was stunned. Now, how more romantic could that moment be? Me and him, in a chap-fan (economy rice) shop, each drinking barley ice, each holding a ciggie in the hand... sighs.. romantic, really really romantic...

Of course I understood what he meant. He commented how we hare both been busy with the house chores or taking turns to attend to Thea, work and ourselves since guardian angel's absence. I will have to add that since 5 days ago, I observed that since the notion to wake up to 'do' something, the rest of the day is 'do', 'do', and 'do'. It's like a neverending list of things to do - water the garden, wash the clothes, iron the clothes, wash the dishes, wipe the table, tidy up the table... nothing gets left out. And when left with a moment to rest, it is to the showers, and a little with the tv, in silence...

So the time we really talk is when we get out of the house, especially when Thea is not around.. lols! Now I understand why some housewives find it difficult to relax at home, it is because the mind has recognised home = work. lols!

Having said that, I noticed a difference in both hubby and my approach in this experience while the maid is away. The last time we experienced this was 2 years ago, where the ex-maid went back and never came back. It's like we grew up. There is much maturity, love, wisdom, peace and calmness in our experience. It is truly a blessing. :)

While many others did ask me, if my maid don't come back on the designated date - HOW?? Well, it's fine. I just either move house, or get another maid! Simple as that! I would be blessed with options to choose again, what type of maids I want to experience - cambodian (heard that are darn good cooks), philipinos, taiwanese, sri lankan.. or maybe, just ME! Lols.

3 comments:

  1. Another option is to go for those paid per hour cleaners to come in a few times a week to clean the house. No need to move house then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mun, can't say that I've not experienced that option. It ties up my time at home la... but then again, I could be doing other stuffs at home while they are cleaning my house.. like blogging! haha

    ReplyDelete