Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Butter Rice & Lamb Kebabs

Brought some friends to the Blue Cow for the big BBQ breakfast this morning. Bought some meat and kebabs from the same place for home as well.

The initial plan was to wait for a couple of days later to grill the kebabs, but somehow when guardian angel asked, I told her we'd have it for dinner tonight.

Interestingly, I started googling recipes for butter rice. Some recipes and methods were just too complicated, so I picked an easy one and there after took a nap. A looooong nap to the point I might not have woken up if the guardian angel had not reminded me that it is time to cook dinner.

As I was cooking even vegetables, guardian angel was beaming from ear to ear... i asked her what was she so happy about and she said that she was happy that she did not need to cook dinner tonight.. haha. it was great to be able to give her a break. And I noticed that she gets pretty excited each time I said I will cook though through experience, she might not take my word for real every time.. haha

Bro enjoyed the kebabs and told me though the butter rice could have been more fragrant (which I agreed), it was pretty good. But the kebabs were really awesome.

I realised that I do enjoy the experience of cooking.. yet my fear of how it turns out always scares me to not go ahead to attempt it. Ah well, I will be cooking for the next 2 days... some friends are coming over. Hopefully there will be improvement *cross fingers*

3 comments:

  1. Happy cooking! Nice to be able to cook when you enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuous cooking thus leads to improvement. And I am very confident you cook just fine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your encouragement.... :)

    ReplyDelete