Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Lazy Mom swimmin'

Promised Thea last night to go for a swim this morning. But the sun was blazing... and I was toddling between changing my mind about it or to go ahead as promised. She also gave up hope saying, "mommi, let's go!!!" knowing how lazy her mommi is...

Miraculously, the sun blaze eased off a bit, so we got ready. The father is off to have his fun, the uncle is off for a brunch appointment, and the guardian angel is off for a date with her hubby. So, it was just the two of us.

While we were changing, it rained; but I was not aware of it. After putting sun block on Thea, Thea said, "you see mommi.. thank goodness it stopped raining!" I was literally surprised when she said that and when I opened the front door and saw the porch area wet did I realise that it was indeed raining before.

Smiled and told Thea to tell God to let us swim for at least half hour before it rains again, if it is supposed to rain. The sweetie pie said, "God, please let us swim for half an hour." And the weather was cool and balanced...

When we arrived at the swimming pool, Thea spoke once again, "thanks God.." It was really sweet.

She showed me all her stunts and what she could do. In fact, I think she outdid herself today.

We swam for more than an hour. And yes, we had fun ~ just the two of us. :)


1 comment:

  1. How nice to enjoy swimming together - mother and daughter bonding beautifully in the water like mermaids!

    ReplyDelete