Monday, January 23, 2012

Reunion Dinner

It is tradition that the Chinese has reunion dinner with their family members on the eve or prior to the celebration of the Chinese New Year.

And every year, I have three reunion dinners to attend; this year is no different.

While all reunion dinners are usually with lavished or scrumptious food, one of my reunion dinner experiences was really cool.

It was the reunion between Thea, her father, my brother and myself. Initially, the thought was that Thea, her father and myself would head to Curve for dinner. Since it was still early, I decided to head to the night market. It was there, my brother called and asked me to pack Nasi Lemak for him and guardian angel for dinner.

As I was queuing for my turn at the Nasi Lemak stall, a tiny mad idea struck. I made a call to the father, and asked if he would like to have Nasi Lemak for reunion dinner instead. He said, 'ok' and there you go.. that was our reunion dinner menu.

It was not a scrumptious deal with abalone, or fish, or yee-sang, or prawns... but the scrumptiousness was in the company of those uniting for the meal.

It was the coolest yet simplest reunion dinner and yet strangely, as we all were chatting by the porch, all three of us (the father, the brother and myself) agreed that it was the best reunion dinner ever... lols..

3 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year~~ wishing you to have a wonderful Dragon Year~~~ XD

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great reunion dinner. I want to try having it on the porch some day. Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually mun, we didn't have our reunion dinner at the porch. But it is a swell idea!

    ReplyDelete