Friday, January 13, 2012

A Little Overwhelming

It is indeed a little overwhelming, being everywhere... and I do mean, the mind. It is crazy because there seems to be much to do, yet noticing every moment is perfect as it is, as if there is nothing to rush, nothing to delay for all is happening in its own time. And I don't really have to do anything, except to wait a little, do a little, speak a little, write a little, smile a little, giggle a little, smurf a little..

There are a list of things written on the magnetic white board. And I am moving along each item where the flows take me, a little bit here and a little bit there.. and it is quite amazing to me, while seated on the chair and staring at the screen attempting to squeeze the creative juice out of my brains on one project and find that the creative juice was squeezed out for something else irrelevantly from the one that I am apparently looking at.

I smile a little again.. and then head off to the hall to spend some time with the little one only to realise that she has been in her room for hours eventhough I promised her just the night before that I will spend an hour a day with her just watching TV, the ipad, the ipod or even whatever that is on the iphone. Yet, by the time she comes down, I will have to go up to shower and get ready for work.

Still, there is no fault in there... and I find myself enjoying the ride to the centre, at the same time receiving numerous calls or messages on 'when can we meet? I need you.'

A little feeling of constraint slipped in, and it is not so much that I am limited in my physical body, but more of that busybody-ness of the mind wishing to uplift another. And all I can do, at that point in time, is to joyfully do what I am apparently already doing and trust that whoever that is at the end of the line be bestowed with light and to stay present to what is around them or what is already arising in them. Any form of emptiness, loneliness, or needing another's presence is simply, simply an error or an egoic trip.


2 comments:

  1. The mind - such a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed... you know how to use it, it is your servant. if you don't, there you have it...

    ReplyDelete