Sunday, January 8, 2012

The MAGNETIC white board

We were listing down activities in some weekly activity sheet.. for the heck of it.. Thea got excited and said she wanted to place it on the white board. I told her that I do not have any magnets and asked her if she might have any.

She sat quiet for a while and said, "yes, I do have some" and ran away from where I sat to get it.

She came back with the fridge magnet... how creative and intelligent!! So I gave her the weekly sheet and told her to place it on the white board.

Sadly, she walked back with the magnet and the weekly sheet saying that it doesn't work (as in the fridge magnet) does not work. I was pretty surprised as I was quite sure I purchased a magnetic white board instead of a non-magnetic one. Made a mental note to call Eddie the supplier to check on what I ordered.

I asked her, "how come?"

She said, "because it is not a white-board magnet but a fridge magnet. That is why it doesn't work. It only works for fridges."

I was quite amazed and explained my understanding that it would be quite impossible for that to happen. So I walked with her to the study room to try again... *click* it worked.. and then I looked at her and she was amazed herself.

She looked at me and said, "ooooh.... actually, I did this..." she took down the magnet and the weekly sheet and placed the magnet on the board and the weekly sheet over it. Obviously it would not work!!!! We burst out into laughters... such silliness and innocence!

And she said again, "now I know.. come, let me do it again and I will place it here" which is the lower corner of the white board where she can easily access it.

Yup, so the mental note is scratched off from the head and back to AOD in the hall. :)

It is a magnetic white board afterall! Haha!

3 comments:

  1. Hhaahahahhaha....she's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily you solved the mystery before calling the supplier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are right, mun.. thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete