Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hong Kong Day 3

Gene and I met at Central and made our blur-blur way to Cheong Chau, one of the small islands surrounding Hong Kong.

Our way through IFC to the Ferry Piers.








The Fast Ferry which we took to Cheong Chau. Ride time was approximately 35 minutes.

We arrived at Cheong Chau at about 11ish. Finally, we were in a fishing village!!


People in Cheong Chau travel by foot or bicycle.

They were really fresh. I was so tempted to buy them, but decided against it. Please don't ask me why.

Sun-dried Starfish is for.


Sun-dried baby sea turtles.





Damn old-school cafe. I like. But we didn't stop to drink.





Apparently, the motels in this street are haunted. Mark & Irene explained that many people come to this island, rent a room in this street and commit suicide because it is really quiet here so no one will be able to save them.


I damn like this door - reminds me of some martial arts centre back in the old old days.



From the temple, we decided to head towards the North Pointout Pavilion which apparently will allow us to take an overall picture of Cheong Chau.




Pit stop at some garden mid way to the Pavilion.






The staircase leading us up towards the North Pointout Pavilion.


The North Pointout Pavilion

















We calculated and concluded that our 2-hour walk up to the Pavilion was due to our frequent stops to camwhore (more like him-lah, I don't like taking pictures of myself :-s). The walk was intense though.. reminds me of those walks (actually, only twice) I experienced with BB and the C&C gang.. I nearly fainted, I tell you!! In Cheong Chau I mean, not the Kiara walk.

It only took us about 30 minutes to get downhill. ;p By then, we were already very, very, very tired... so we just strolled and later rented a bicycle. Gene wanted to walk another hill to take pictures of some ancient rock thingy.. but I told him I was just too tired and that I'd wait for him below the hill. Thank God he changed his mind.. lols!







We left Cheong Chau at about 5:45pm as we both had prior dinner appointments with our own friends for dinner back in Hong Kong Island. I met Mark, Irene & Alex at Tai Ku station and had roast geese.. yummy!!! Btw, I have not seen Alex in 12 years! It was sure good to see him again after all these years!

Alex, me & Mark

Irene, me & Mark

Alex & I
I was really, really tired that day. Not only that, I was sticky, smelly and messy.. the wind was blowing my hair all over and I sweat profusely due to the humid weather and intense walk up the hill (at Cheong Chau). Hubby also noticed that I am now darker. Hmm.. hitam manis.. I like too!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for all the photos, especially those photos taken from the North Pointout Pavilion. :)

    ReplyDelete