Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Creamy Fish & Mushroom Pie

I was feeling really moody today. Don't know why. I think I must have got up from the wrong side of the bed. Haha! Just really really moody... don't feel like talking, don't feel like going out, don't feel like doing anything.. you get the meaning right?
...
So came 5 o'clock. I can't escape it. Last week, I'd outrightly announced to hubby & the guardian angel that I will be cooking dinner on Wednesday night (tonight) - Fish Pie. Recipe is from Classic Fish Cooking by Linda Doeser. So I gotta do it, if not; we'd have no home cooked dinner.
...
I dragged myself to the fridges to get the ingredients that I've prepared since Saturday. Everything there. Perfect... only that... gosh, the doubts of actually doing this... A PIE!!! Damn challenging. Nevertheless, I stuck to my word. And the guardian angel, being an angel; stood by me 'just in case' I needed assistance or her support. Truly a gem. She helped to sift the flour, peel, wash, cut and boil the potatoes ;p
...
What I taught would be a quick fix (seriously, how long can you take to bake a pie right?) ended up to a total preparation + baking till finalisation of 2 hrs++. Maybe it is because I am new, I don't know.. but I kept referring to the recipe again and again, just to make sure that I got it right. I was even doing hand movements of pouring the milk to this, stirring, mixing this and that in thin air while the angel just stood beside me and smiled. Yeah, I know.. it must have been a funny sight.
...
So, the result was this: -
Creamy Fish & Mushroom Pie
...
The angel and I actually thought that Thea would not eat it. But she did.. she loved the mushrooms! And hubby had 3 servings! To be honest, I was actually doubting if it was actually THAT delicious. Yup, it was :), except that perhaps it was a little too creamy for me. Well, I guess they don't call it CREAMY fish & mushroom pie for nothing!
...
And guess what, I will be rewarded. Hubby will be taking Thea & I to SS2 for ice-cream later tonight. Yummy... Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. wow... looks good... ! well done!... see, you are a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you Gladys!!! The pie looks excellent and am sure it tasted good as well...

    Well done, Gerry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha.. thanks so much girls for the encouragement! :D

    ReplyDelete