Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Return of the Old Camera

After a seemingly pleasant dinner with dad and my bros and their other halves, we took a slow stroll back home. Hubby had to remove certain stuffs from Lex (Lexus) to JayD (Alfa) because he was going to take JayD to work tomorrow. Don't know why, he suddenly opened the dashboard, and guess what - he found my faithful camera, the Canon IXUS 85 IS!
...
Yes, I know. A shock. After all the trouble of camera researching and shopping and gratifying, there it was - the old camera. My first thought was, "shit.. what am I going to do now? do I tell dad, or do I not?" The dilemma lasted for a while. I called him; and he gave me a mouthful - as if regretting from his end why he even thought of 'compensating' me a camera when he was not responsible for the loss of my camera; or rather, it was not even established if it was his doing. He was really pissed; outwardly, he was pissed because it seemed like he thought that I was blaming him or had taken advantage of him (AGAIN!); inwardly, it felt like he was pissed with himself for allowing me to make him responsible for something that had nothing to do with him. Whatever it is, I felt bad. His mouthful was not just a mouthful. It was like... 10 or even 1000 mouthfuls, linking to the past of how I never stood up for him, protected him - about how I helped my mom leave him and blah blah blah. I was quite mindful of my feelings though - discomfort when he said those words but made no defence because it was really my carelessness that had made him lose RM2K++ because he bought the idea that he was the one who caused the lost of my camera! That silly, and yet generous and loving man who can also be so calculative when he is unconcsious.. hahaha.. ;p
...
Well, anyway, he slammed down my phone - something that I am quite used to already. I merely text him thereafter, with sincerity in my heart, "Daddy, I am sorry, please forgive me, I love you..."
...
Lesson learned from this chain of incident: -Never allow anyone to take responsibility for your loss although it seemed as if they are the ones responsible for it; because the truth you thought you know may not really be the truth. Further to that, even if they had taken responsibility for your loss but not from the space of love, it backfires.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. so sweet & pretty. I always buys budding lilies too.... it is nice to watch it open.. Happy mommi day!

    ReplyDelete