Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthday Marathon: Bonus No. 3

Jer Lin is my secondary schoolmate. It is very strange how we were not close to each other in school then, and yet, after we have reached certain milestones of our lives that we began to have quite a few things/issues in common which brought us closer to each other. It's nice! Because I got the opportunity to get to know her better, and I believe, vice versa for her too.
...
Believe it or not, I think we only got really close last year, or was it the year before last? What turned out to be common issues between us from our husbands not spending time with us much, to taking care of kids, to maids, and now, the workings of the mind...
...
I am honoured because I believe, I must have been one of her very few friends who is privileged enough for her to brave herself all the way from Damansara to visit me at Kota Kemuning. For a while, our brothers (they were schoolmates too) were talking behind our backs (I'd like to see it in a good way), saying things like, "eh, you know arr.. my sister and your sister right, they visit each other and talk about maids and kids you know.. " It seemed like a surprise to them! I wonder why... ;)

Anyway, for my birthday this year, she got me a gift. Actually, she doesn't know that I already got my gift from her - which is, her sincere and genuine friendship. I remember that when I was in my most troubled times last year, she was one of the few who constantly text and called me to make sure that I was alright, giving me words of encouragement. She didn't know, that all those were already enough for me to last a lifetime. :)
...

Well, like a said - my birthday this year has brought me many bonuses. We met up last Tuesday at Dome in Subang Parade. Again, I am truly touched. You see, she is one person (or maybe only to my perception) who doesn't travel out far from home. I remember a common friend telling me once that she hardly drives and has always been chauffeured. But there she was, willingly driving to Kota Kemuning to visit me, willingly driving to Subang Parade to meet me - just so she could pass me a birthday gift she had gotten for me. And you know, our meeting time was so short - 1015am to 1130am, because she had to rush back to Damansara to pick up her son, Tristan from school. Isn't she sweet? :)



This is my present from Jer Lin.


Jer Lin, I just want to tell you that I am truly grateful for your presence in my life. I am awfully proud of myself to be blessed with a beautiful friend like you. In case you don't already know it, you are truly an Angel who has brought much joy, trust and love to my space. Thank you for being the wonderful person that you are, I love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment