Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Time for a Reshape

Starting from tomorrow is another 2 weeks off from school for Thea. Some of her friends are heading to REAL schools after this holiday while some are staying back until next year. For her, I am still in a dilemma because of her age, the current school system, me not being able to let go (if she goes to school - gosh, my little girl has grown up!!! :{) and most importantly her timing and habits; whether she goes to a real school or a kindergarten as both would require her to be at school earliest at 830am, or latest at 9am. Currently, at both times, Thea and I would still be in dreamland, unless there is a special occasion.
...
So, besides the 1st day, or 2nd day or the 1st week of school, can I fool myself and Thea that any other schooling day is a 'special occasion'?
...
Anyway, I've researched 3 schools. Their fees, facilities, teachers and quality of syllabus varies quite a fair bit. So how? My uncle told me that I should consider the one that is nearest to my home - but I feel that their teachers are not yet qualified to teach what they would be teaching (according to a source, pending accreditation); Thea's friend's mom says that the one that she is sending her kids to is good because the principal is from a reputable background with expats teachers - but I feel that it is a bit too far and somewhat expensive, plus the final year is only up till Year 11; The 3rd school that I am considering has up till Year 13, that means to say if Thea goes there from pre-school onwards, she could go all the way in that school - but the distance (actually not much diff compared to the one that Thea's friend's mom is sending her kids to) is far and I worry that Thea may feel lonely because most of her friends are going to the other school. Aiya.. headache, headache, headache...
...
And when I start talking to hubby about it, hubby says, "erm, can we talk about this later because I am tired?" But then as I sit down here to write this entry, he sits down right in front of me to do his work!!!! My, is he tired from work (he just got back from work) or tired of talking to me??????????? :-0
...
Anyway, guess it is too soon for me to be in a dilemma over this for now. I still have September, October, November and December right?? Hmm... I'd like to think that way because, you know what, I heard that registration for pre-school for next year for the school that is nearest to me is already FULL!!!!! Thank goodness, I know the CEO of the school *winks*, but like I said.. the teachers...
...
So how ar? Wah.. I wonder if this is something that my mom went through too...
...
Anyway, regardless of the schools - Thea and I would have to start reshaping our schedules--the time we wake up and go to bed. Currently, we both wake up at 10++am when she has no school and 9++am when she has school (her school starts at 10am). If I am out at night, she goes to bed a little earlier, like between 9-10pm; but when I am home, she sleeps the same time I sleep, meaning if I sleep at 930pm, she lays down on the bed with me at that time until she falls asleep, and if I go to bed at 1230am, that is the time she sleeps too. Terrible mom huh?
...
So when do I start? Tonight? Tomorrow? Next week? And guess what, she is still taking her nap now and it is already 7:48pm!! :{
...
When I got pregnant, I only imagined the times that I'd take care of her when she was an infant and a toddler which was why I was pretty prepared for a lot of things. But now, gosh.. never thought of this part of the journey... it is going to be an interesting one... :p

No comments:

Post a Comment