Friday, August 14, 2009

Girlfriends' Day Out

The Angelz

We took yesterday an opportunity to take Gladys out for kai2 to celebrate her belated birthday. What to do.. she was sick mah, then I was busy mah, then Terri had to work mah... but timing seemed to be just perfect (at least to me) as the busy-ness of the previous weeks seemed to frizzle out.
...
We met at Midvalley. We wanted to do something that we had not done before together, so we decided to go bowling. You know what are the consequences of bowling? Aching arms (whichever arm you use to throw the ball), possibly broken nails, rough fingers... so? hehehe.. We headed for the bowling alley after tea at Delicious. To our surprise, the entire bowling alley was BLARDY FULL!!! We turned to each other and asked each other, "eh, they no need to work or study one arr..." Kononnya, a competition was going on... hehehe.. The lady at the counter explained that the next available session would be at 6pm, so we headed upstairs the bowling alley for pool.
...
I don't know about the rest, but I hadn't play pool for ages. So 3 of us were playing pool and entertaining each other. Some times we were laughing, and some times we were very very serious... I remember one funny moment, Terri was really concentrating aiming at the white ball. As she hit the white ball, the white ball hit an orange ball. No, the orange ball did not go into the pocket. And then she stood up straight from the bending position and said, "actually hor.. I was aiming at the purple ball..." Gladys and I burst into laughter!!! hahaha.. it was really so cute and funny!!
...
We only had an hour of pool. When time was up, we headed downstairs to the bowling alley again. Cool.. the crowd was wearing out and we got a lane. I think the last time I bowled was either in 1989 or 1996. Can't remember... we paid for 2 games. So the during the 1st half of the 1st game, we were trying to get into the momentum. Believe it or not, Terri and I actually had a strike (meaning all pins down)!! But when it came to the 2nd half of the 2nd game, Terri and I died.. I played so terribly... my ball went to the 'longkang' many many times... we all felt that we were tired and hungry, hah! what an excuse! But it was fun anyway. We were laughing and cheering on each other all the way! Gladys was very good.. she was consistent all the while.
...
Dinner time was at Crystal Jade. It was quite yummy. The above photo was taken at Crystal Jade after dinner. We thought that we were going for coffee or tea or wine after dinner.. but we ended up at Borders because Gladys wanted to get Harry Potter books and leaving Midvalley at approximately 930pm because we were all shaged...
...
However, I did not head home. I went to Oriental to meet my dad as he was having dinner with his old friends who took care of me when I was in Melbourne studying. When I told aunty Vivien the reason why I couldn't have dinner with them, she looked very pleased and said, "ya... should.. it is nice to have girlfriends to hang out with sometimes, especially on her birthday!" It was surely a nice reflection of my inner world.. hehehehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment