Friday, February 19, 2010

Aiyoo... got some more of welcoming Tiger wor...

CNY, Day 5
I finally couldn't take it anymore. I was home the whole day, with nothing to do. I was watching AOD over and over again!! I think to the extend that I was probably able to memorise some of the verses of the series! :-s

Received an invitation from JH, but could not decide if we could attend a gambling session since hubby was working the next morning. :-/

Then Pauline came over. At the same time, I chatted with Alina on the MSN. It was a spontaneous thing. I asked her if we could bring forward our dinner date with was supposed to be today to yesterday. And then I even typed, 'let's go karaoke!' And she was like 'huh? just the 2 of us?!?'. So that's it, I made plans for the night, and then also made plans with Jon & Paul for the next day. ;p It was fast and inspired - lols - by boredom!! Lols!

Alina swung by to pick me up. We arrived at Neway 15-20 mins later. After we grabbed our food at the buffet counter, we sang our hearts - actually, more like shouted our lungs sore from approximately 8pm to 11:30pm. Non-stop! Lols. We were singing songs from our times like True Blue, the Locomotion, Crazy for You, some rock songs from Bon Jovi and etc. It was hilarious! We laughed and screamed and shouted all the way!! It was really fun! She turned to me and said, 'eh, I think we should do this once-a-month!'. Singing is always an 'on' thing for me.. lols! so any sort of procrastination, discussion or debate were not necessary! Lols!

Bestie Alina & me.

She actually sings well. She just thinks she doesn't!!
After the session, we decided to head to a mamak stall near my place to chat. We hung out till 130am! Lols! Madness! I really appreciate her acknowledgment in our meeting up quite frequently these days. To be honest, I wasn't hanging out with my friends as often ever since Thea was born. You know, the mommy-thing. And then, the wife-thing. Just always between these two! Lols! Having a husband who works on a roster is in many ways rewarding (we get to spend time on weekdays when all other husbands are working) and also frustrating (we don't get to hang out on weekends, public holidays, festive seasons or go out with our friends as much as we like on their normal regular off-working hours if he is working). I am not complaining though. I love that we are not succumbed to the normal working hours because we enjoy the free and easy traffic flow and lesser crowds in malls. And, he gets to send Thea to school on the days that he is off too! That to me, is sweetness! :) But I guess there were times when my friends and I get frustrated that we don't get to catch up with each other so much. Nevertheless, I am very blessed with understanding friends. :) And now that Thea is more independent, it gives me peace of mind to go ahead to do my own stuffs or to make my own plans. It's bliss in many ways!

CNY, Day 6
Which is today. Despite sleeping only at about 3am this morning, I woke up at 7am because I promised Angel to be at the centre by 8am. And guess what, I had a dream about Kevin Cheng!!! Urgh!!! Just as I was about to speak to him, my blardy alarm rang!!! Urghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

As promised, I was at the centre at about 8:05am (according to my watch, that is). After helping out with dainty stuffs, I took out the new toy and started snapping away.. they called me, *ahem* the Resident Photographer!! Lols! What a boost to the ego! Lols!


We were greeted by 2 dancing lions and the bald guy.. lols! Everyone enjoyed the company and the dancing lions (as what Thea calls them). I was just busy snapping away. Sorry guys, too many pics so won't share most of them here. I don't think they are very good anyway but I particularly liked the below pictures though. So, I hope you will like them too. :)

Most of them crowded around the lion while 'it' was doing 'its' thing.. if you know what I mean.

The bald man and one of the guests.

My darling Angel & the lion.

My teachers, LF & BB with the lion.

It was a fun and successful event, I'd say. It was my first time attending the lion dance performance at Clove&Clive. Everyone was busy stuffing angpows into both the lions' mouth! It was hilarious and a totally new sight for me! Never witnessed such things before (as in the angpows in the lion's mouth), so it was a pretty good experience. :)

Left Clove&Clive at about 11ish. Took Thea & guardian angel to Midvalley to run some errands. So blessed again with the smooth flow of traffic. :)

Tonight, will surely be another fun night for me with Jon & Pauline. Just can't wait!!

1 comment: