Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lizards

Hate lizards. Have been scared of them since young and it got worst as I age. It's terrible, terrible!! Ask anyone who has witnessed my encounter with a lizard, they will nod their head and tell you, "eh, it's true one.. don't play afool.. she will cry one!!" And yes, it is true - I will literally SCREAM and CRY!!!!! Even if it was on the other side of the window. :-/  I just simply detest them.... erghhhhhhhhh.... The thoughts of them makes me shutter!! Erk!!

I screamed again last night because I saw 2 fat lizards crawling along my walls (can you imagine how long they could have been around until they got so fat??????????). Guardian angel came out immediately to my rescue. Obviously, by then the lizards had disappeared and I was left standing there with my hand on my chest, panting like a blardy fool. Made a mental note to remind hubby to call pest control. It's been a while. Hrmf, inefficient!! (my hubby who forgets to call the pest control. Hrmf! Hrmf! Hrmf!)

Guardian angel shared with me today that apparently, in Christianity (she is Muslim by the way), they are not allowed to kill or chase lizards away. To her knowledge, if many lizards come to your house, that means there is money coming to you. I smirked and looked at her funny and argued, "That is a crazy theory. Lizards come because there are bugs in the house! And bugs come because the house is dirty!!" She continued sharing that she read this in some Indonesian Christian Bible (which belonged to my dad's ex-maid) and there were pictures of lizards in the Bible. I didn't believe her, but shouted out to hubby, "Honneeeeee, Su said that according to the Christians, when lizards come to the house means got money wor...."

Guess what was his reply?? "Aiya, no wonder la.. you keep chasing the lizards away, no wonder I have no money..."

WHAT THE....? :-s

I told him that perhaps he could have a bug farm in the house so that he could lure and invite all the lizards to come to his house and that would mean more and more money going to him!!

And me? I'd definitely move out of the house.. :-s  To me, lizards and money just don't jive. Ergh!

5 comments:

  1. I dislike lizards immensely too. I can still remember them having a penchant to fall on my head when I was young and I would scream like crazy so I totally understand you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alina: It's not farny leh... it's scary ok!!

    Mun: I am researching ways on how to get rid of them. A friend of mine suggested enzymes, and I read in the internet the other day that there is this electronic thingy. Do you still have them at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, at my mother's place. My brother uses those sticky pad for trapping flies to trap the lizards and then throw them far, far away from the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beautiful,

    would appreciate if you could ask Guardian Angel if they only leave their poopoo on the wall, does it mean got abundance as so far, I didn't see any physical lizard but only their "unwanted business".

    ReplyDelete