Saturday, February 13, 2010

Babysitter of the Day

After I picked up Thea from school, we headed to Carrefour to buy butter in a dash. We had an appointment for Thea's manicure and promised to meet the Twins (Elise & Elisa); daughters of hubby's friend for a nail session as well. The families (as in ours and theirs) are considered as pretty close to a certain extend, so I offered to babysit them while they shifted into their new home at USJ Heights.

The butter was for Pauline. Promised my brother, Jon this morning that I would teach Pauline how to cook Butter Fish for their reunion dinner tomorrow night. As if I know how to.. lols!

Thea and I were just in time to meet the Twins as they arrived promptly in front of the nail shop. The girls were so excited to see each other! There, the Twin's dad left them to me and that marked me the official babysitter from that moment onwards.

I brought the 3 girls into the shop. They jumped and ran around the shop non-stop, laughing and playing. I had to think, think and think of stories or riddles or questions to make them sit put on the sofa by saying things like, "ok, there are 3 elephants in the zoo, 1 elephant fell sick and went to the hospital, and the zookeeper ordered another 3 elephants into the zoo, so how many elephants are there?" You get the drift.

When it was finally their turn for manicure, they were so awed by the whole experience! From choosing their colours, watching the aunty file their nails, putting on the base coat, nail colour, top coat and subsequently blowing dry their beautifully painted nails under the mini portable fan... They absolutely loved it!

Cost was really cheap. The Twin's parents kept on insisting on paying for it out of courtesy. RM10 per kid. Imagine if I were to take the money, I'd look like a cheapo right? Lols! Just kidding.. Secretly, I just wanted to treat the girls to a good time, so I wasn't going to let anyone rob me off that honour! Lols! The Twins love my Thea, and Thea loves them too. They have loads of fun together so it was my appreciation for their time spent with Thea. :)

After their nails were nicely done, we headed to the gelato parlour around the corner. Each of the kids (including me) had 2 scoops of gelatos each except for Thea. I guess she knew how much ice-cream she could take. She likes the taste, but can't really tolerate too much sweetness, so only insisted on 1 scoop. To top up the fun occasion, I ordered french fries. Lucky thing by the time the french fries arrived the girls were almost done with their gelatos because when the plate of french fries was put in front of their faces, they immediately pushed the bowls of ice-cream aside and said, "Aunty Gerry/Mommi, I don't want already!" and started grabbing on the french fries! Lols! Kids & French Fries = I'd say it's Perfect Combo! Lols.

When the plate was finally emptied, we all headed home. The girls took out their toys and played for a while before proceeding to their favourite activity whenever the Twins are over - swimming in the bath tub! Which, in adult terms - take a bath! Lols. Playing cook in the kitchen at that time, guardian angel was not able to assist me, so I took on the task all-by-myself. Tough I tell you, but fun! :D Everyone was laughing and splashing me wet!! They were practically splashing water all over the floor (spills from the bath tub) and me! Finally, when guardian angel was done with cooking, she came up to my bathroom, put on a stern face with towels folded on her arms, said, "ok! enough oready! everybody up!" Surprisely, the girls listened! Lols. Looks like she was in control more than I was! Lols! While she got them out of the tub, I dried and dressed them. They were all so cute, asking me so many questions of, "why?";"how come?" and "why?" Truly inquisitive young minds. :)

Being fresh, we played some more. Yes, we as in me too! ;p All of us had dinner together at Thea's Mamut table from Ikea (yes yes, including me!!) watching the Disney Channel together too! It was great fun. And when hubby came back, the girls' attention turned to him. As much as I had fun, I finally had a breather.. lols!

Fetched the girls back to their new home after hubby and I cleaned up. Found out later that Ethan (the Twin's younger brother) was raging with fever.. poor mom! Had to clean home, unpack stuffs and care for a sick baby. I started to appreciate myself that I actually offered to babysit the girls as I observed the mommy's tired face. :)

Tomorrow is reunion. The Twins kept asking me if we would go over to their house after the reunion, or if Thea could stay over. Lols. They are so sweet. Wanted to take multiple pics of them today with the new toy, but I was really too caught up with them. Not their fault, all mine.. because I was either having fun with them, or taking a moment to breathe from the exhaustion. Lols. In those moments of breaks, I remember thanking myself that I only have 1 kid! Lols!

Anyway, it was good fun. It's actually just a boring update this one. I felt like writing, so I wrote this. Perhaps also to encourage myself to spend more moments like these. Albeit tiring, but I learn a lot. Through these kids (because they are a year older than Thea), I am able to learn how else I could improve my own parenting skills towards my Thea. Not only that, Thea has fun with her friends. What incentive! And next time, I won't forget to capture moments with the new toy! Perhaps, I could make a scrap book for each of them as they grow up together. I think that'd be a nice thing to help them reminisce the fun times growing up together! Hmm, that is if I ever do get about doing it-lah... the scrapbook I mean. ;p

3 comments:

  1. The girls are truly blessed to have you as their babysitter for the day. You are really a such nice friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy babysitting, hope you too enjoy your CNY with the presence of your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete