Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An Opportunist Phonecall

I received a phonecall this morning, saying that I have been highly recommended for something something something amongst the other profiles due to my background something something something that would fit into their (the phone caller)'s company expansion of something something something. Ok, let me make it short and I like wording it this way 'My profile was highly recommended amongst the rest!'. Wah, what a boost to the ego!! Lols!

Strange, I didn't even know that I had such a 'high' profile that would be attractive to companies or people especially since I have left the career circle for almost 4 years now. Gosh, he even knew that I was a banker! That was not enough, he even knew what kind of banker I was (as in retail, corporate, investment etc etc..) and that I am now a housewife! Well, I guess what he didn't know is that I am actually, already retired.. lols!

The initial impulse I had was to say, "sorry, not interested." but a thought arised, "waitaminute, weren't you complaining that you were bored?" Hmm.. ok.. so I decided to hear him out. Lots of things were confidential. It's understandable. If I was a company recruiting, I would keep my company details confidential while speaking to a stranger too and introduce more when a face-to-face meeting is possible. So that's it! An appointment was made! And without a second thought, I told him that I was bringing a friend along. Guess who.. hahhaa... my faithful Angeline.. hahaa.. told her that we'll be having fun! lols!

An opportunity or a hoax? Well, we'll see. Hubby doesn't have a good feeling about it. I am keeping an arm's length observation. Who knows, something good might come out of it. Even if nothing does, what's more than an experience, right? It fills time, accumulates experiences - not a bad deal at all! Lols.

Till then. :)

1 comment: