Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine, Valentine!!

As everybody knows, this year's Valentine's Day falls on the same exact day as our CNY. Nevertheless, darling hubby never fails to surprise me with beautiful flowers (though they arrived a day earlier) to remind me that I, am the very Valentine in his heart; so is he of mine. :)
Valentine Flowers from Hubby. :)
Don't know since when, hubby prefers to give me flower baskets rather than bouquets. I told him jokingly that if he keeps giving me anymore flower baskets, I won't know where to put those baskets anymore!! Lols!

My last entry had a hint of Thea and my visit to the flower shop while hubby, parents-in-law and SIL were praying at another temple. You see, I bought this stalk of rose (the one she is sitting next to below) for her to give to hubby as a Valentine gift from her to her dada. :)


Thea & her Valentine gift to her dada.
Unfortunately, while I was still snapping away various posts of her and the stalk of rose, she turned and the vase which contained the beautiful rose fell and broke into pieces. Lols! Nah, I wasn't angry with her. Neither was hubby despite that guardian angel was not around (she was staying over at Jon & Paul's to help them out for the CNY celebration). Hubby and I co-operatively cleaned the floor and the glass pieces of the vase. It was all done in a jiffy. 

However, I was not done with photography.

You see, when Thea presented the rose to hubby when hubby turned up at the flower shop, she sulked. Hubby asked her why, she turned to point at a bouquet of roses and said, "Dada, I want you to buy me those flowers for Valentine too." Hubby, parents-in-law, SIL and I burst out in laughters... lols! So yeah, hubby bought her that bouquet she wanted alright... and here's the picture. The tall rose that stands out was the one she gave hubby. I stuck it there in the middle of the bouquet because the vase broke (remember?!?) and I didn't have any other vase to put just a stalk of rose.. lols!
Thea's Valentine bouquet from hubby and Hubby's stalk of rose in the middle of the bouquet.
So, each of us in the family received flowers! It was a good laugh and a joyful night, oppps... early mornin' for us, I mean. Happy belated Valentine's Day to you. We hope you had fun too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Babe, time to get some small and larger vases for the house....but good thing Thea didn't hurt herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone is having the time of her life! hehe and welcome back to the blogsphere, wow so many post in a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi babe! yeah.. thank goodness Thea wasn't hurt. We were laughing all the way some more.. sometimes I think as parents we are a little bit crazy!

    Hi sdovelly, thanks for welcoming!! ;)

    ReplyDelete