Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Home

I've been tired. But no matter how tired I physically am, I would never allow myself to miss the opportunity to visit my baby brother's new home.
Didn't know that he is actually so traditional - stick a 'fook' wording on the front door, upside down somemore! lols!

We arrived there at about 8ish. Everybody wanted to head downstairs beside his condominium for dinner, except me. They were very excited that Bee was actually staying within the vicinity of popular food joints and wanted to patronise these restaurants to experience the short distance within reach. I kept saying, "Eh, I thought the objective tonight is to hang out at Bee's place? Let's just order in lah!" Although everyone agreed with me, I still lost :-/. They still wanted to do 'the walk'.

Had dinner at Pasta Zanmai. While in the restaurant, couldn't help thinking about Alina's mention about how she absolutely loves this restaurant, lols! I've tried the branch in 1U before, and found the food menu very authentic and interesting. Hubby loves this place since because it is a fusion of his favourite - Japanese & Italian, though Pasta Zanmai is not really that in its case.

After dinner, we took 'the walk' back to his home again. It's a cozy place. He keeps saying that this place is for investment - for rent or sale, eventually if the price is right. Secretly, I think he will just stay put there. It is afterall, his own home; and it is always nice to stay in our own homes, right?

To add the flavour, dear baby brother single-handedly (with the help of Phua's workers, of course) renovated the unit all by himself, with a proposed design plan by our darling SIL, Paul. Paul's an excellent ID, by the way! :D 

I remember when he first brought Paul and me to the bare unit, I was thinking to myself what a small unit! But with Paul's design, Bee's handy mandy skills and Phua's workers' tireless assistance and support, the place actually turned out to be spacious and cozy! Now, that is what I call space planning! Both Bee and I agreed that the spacious and cozy feel would not have been made possible without Paul's design! So, credit goes to Paul too! Check out her other work here!

Some snapshots I took of his unit. Pictures taken not so 'chun' in my perception, but ah-well, practice always makes perfect! ;)
Walkway from front door.
Cozy hall.
The unit is a studio-see-all. Just one straigh forward hallway, some people call it. He manually put up the partition separating his hall and bedroom.
His self-made kitchen. FYI, where the sink is now was previously the toilet door (the toilet door is now on the other side in the picture). He somehow concealed it so well that it didn't look like there was a door there before. You see, he's got potential! lols!

Would you believe if I tell you that he fixed up the panels/partition or whatever you call this thing that separates the bedroom from the hall, himself? He really did, with help from Phua's workers.

 Below are KL views from his bedroom window: - 





Nice right? :)

I am very very proud of you, little baby brother, for having now own a little place of your own with minimum financial aid from anyone, especially so for fixing up the place so nicely mostly on your own! :) Just remember to come home for dinner whenever I cook (and you know that is rare, right?) and whenever I have computer/laptop/printer problems ;p! I love you always! *muaks*

2 comments:

  1. It really looks darn cozy....I love the fact that it's all white. It makes the lines looks so clean and makes the apartment look even bigger than it is!!!

    Kudos to Ah Bee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya man! and it is damn convenient too!

    ReplyDelete