Monday, February 8, 2010

AWAS!!!

This morning while I was driving Thea to school, I noticed some words just below the back wiper on the car in front of me; it said, 'YOU KISS YOU PAY'. And then just below on the back bumper, 'AWAS!'. And then I also noticed two little red dragon stickers (those that looks like the little dragon in the cartoon Mulan) stuck one at each side on the back of the car too.

I thought it was a little strange and wondered what frame of mind would entail a person to put so many warning signs on his/her car? Immediately, I looked up and realised that on the back windscreen was a red 'P' car sticker. I chuckled... oh, on probation... that figures!!

I thought to myself, how funny we are! We are on probation. People ought to be aware of us because we are unsure of our skills; and yet we warn people in a way not to do this or that so not to bump into us! Thea turned and asked, "what's so funny, mommy?" I didn't know how to explain it to her... but I witnessed more clearly how we always turn our problem and weaknesses into other people's problems; thinking that when we 'defend' or 'protect' ourselves by 'attacking' others first, we'd actually be safe! What great illusionists we are!

Having said that, I guess some form of warning is better than no form of warning, right? lols! Imagine a sticker like, 'please steer clear of me, I am still on probation!', do you think anyone would actually put up a sticker like that? Lols! I think yes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment