Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The 3rd Birthday

13th March 2009

The marathon started on Friday morning, which was also the last day of school. She had her first birthday celebration there with her school friends and boy, did she had fun! The birthday cake was awesome; made by Terri. And all food were almost finished! What I was most happy about was that most of her closest friends in school all turned up for school that day!

Princess Thea cake - so named by Chef Terri :)

The Tumble Tots Gang

Well, that was the morning session.

Came dinner time, my family, my in laws and my immediate family met at Hai Siang Kopitiam, Puchong for dinner. Besides the fact that Thea loves the chicken rice that Uncle Adrian and Aunty Elly cooked, I wanted to introduce my family (the whole bunch of them) to the best chicken rice and coffee that hubby and I have ever tasted. Well, to some it may not be the best... but then you know.. it is quite different from the others you'd tasted outside. Promise. :)

My MIL was so kind. She baked Thea little cupcakes for her birthday. She just learnt cake decorations so she used this opportunity to practise her skills. I'd say it's not bad for a beginner, but lots of room for improvement. But the cupcakes beneath the decoration was simply simply delicious.. so "padat" and nice. Just don't know how to explain it. FYI, I am not really a cake person. But surprisingly, I've enjoyed most of the cakes that my MIL baked!

Little pink cupcakes just for little Thea

Dinner was splendid. Although I kept on asking everyone how was food, at the back of my mind, I was quite sure I was just asking for the sake of asking. I mean, let's get real.. so what if they enjoyed the food or not.. the most important thing was that they were there and that, I was very pleased and satisfied. And of course, Adrian and Elly made it all special by taking up our orders quickly, serving us in the quickest time and ensuring all of us were comfortable despite they had other customers around. It was really courteous of them. I am so grateful.


The whole family at Hai Siang Kopitiam, Puchong

14th March 2009

We started out a quiet day although I woke up extremely early to go to the wet market to do some marketing for dinner. We invited Thea's best friends - Elise & Elisa, the twin daughters of hubby's friend, Kelvin over for dinner and to play with Thea. Thea had always loved them eversince they met and I think the twins feel the same for Thea. Hubby and I decided that we could give this little gift to Thea - playtime with the twins.. and so we did.


Elisa, Thea, Elise

15th March 2009

Coincidentally, it is the Goddess of Mercy's birthday. We took her to the Chetawan temple at Jalan Gasing for prayers. Although she was not very excited about the heat and the loud noises projected by the speakers, she was overwhelmed when she saw large statues of the Goddess and also of the Buddha! She was like, "mommi, that is the BIGGEST Buddha/Kwan Yin!"

Us at the Chetawan Temple, Jalan Gasing



After the session, we went to Jaya Palace for dim sum. Treat by the generous Chow.. hehehe..

Also another coincidence. Dad's temple in Klang was also having some "cross the peaceful bridge" ceremony. So needless to say, we had to go too. So came evening, and for the second time in a day and what more, on her birthday, we went to another temple. That place was awfully loud. And here's hubby covering Thea's ears at the temple in Klang.


After the temple session, Dad brought us to this place in Klang for supper. Unfortunately, the food was so delicious that I forgot to snap a picture of the place... simply yummy...

Then, we headed home.

16th March 2009

The last celebration of the marathon. We invited my mom, Chow, my grandma, my uncle and aunty to dinner at Ah Yat. It was the first time that we were buying them dinner there. Dinner was relatively simple and ordinary compared to the other sumptuous dinners that they always buy us. But I guess it is the company that matters. They didn't complain one bit, and thanked us for the invitation. Although it may not be comparable in monetary value, but the value of our sincerity mattered.

Thea ended her marathon celebration with this: -

A BIG kiss from her beloved Grandmama Jennifer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LITTLE THEA.

WE LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! MUAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment