Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heroes Season III

This is actually long overdue. I marked in my calendar about 2 weeks ago that I would stay home to watch Heroes Season 3 Marathon airing on Astro on 2nd March. It started at about 2pm and ended about almost midnight.
...
Although I would have liked to be glued to the TV to catch every second of the show, very unfortunately I did not due to certain happenings in my house. Well, something not very nice has happened, but it is not to my home or any of my loved ones; except that it happened in my house because that incident was not within control. It was something unpleasant, but it had nothing to do with my dear ones. Just someone that I knew and was trying to accomodate during her time of troubles. I am still thinking if I should blog about it.. since it is not my business, but then again, the fact that I am inevitably "involved" in her recovery process, I am already in that shared space. Anyway, we'll see.
...
Back to Heroes. Now, I must say that this season is more 'chi kek' compared to Season 2. I did not managed to watch every detail of it but the parts and puzzles of it helped me more or less understand what was actually going on. Although some friends had told me that it is no longer interesting, but I find it still quite challenging. To me, it has many lessons to be learnt and reflects many truths about us, being humans on the surface of this world; our thoughts, reactions and who we truly are.
...
Take for instance, Gabriel a.k.a. Sylar. There were a few episodes where he was actually the good guy, which was in fact, his true nature. He did not have to kill others to attain the ability (this season explains why he wanted to get other people's abilities) and he actually found a way to get it without having to kill anyone. However, his surroundings did not permit him to move on positively; for he was deceived by lies and manipulated by others plus strong views from others that he was indeed a killer; and not someone of a good nature; for that, he turned bad again; a killer; whom he had come to terms with in some ways, that is his true nature. It was truly a heartached story for him. For he wanted a chance, and he seeked the second chance from others; and it was sad that he didn't know that the second chance lies within him and not from other people. Now, this is just a fiction. Perhaps if he had really turned good, that would mean the end of Heroes. But in reality, many people dictate their lives on other people's perception on how they should do it, or truthfully, who they are. The truth is, who knows you better than you? Yes, mistakes are always done.. but they are only meant to be corrected, and not punished. Sometimes, we point the finger outwards, blaming others or the outside for the misery that we put ourselves through; relying on the outside world a.k.a. a third party to make us feel better... to give us love and peace. But really, it is until you are willing to face who you truly are inside, and acknowledge it - the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly that you would truly be free and peaceful inside. There is no one out there.. there is only you and you are responsible for the life you live.
...
Hmm.. it looks like I have diverted. But I can't help it at this juncture. I think this incident that is happening relating to someone I know is somehow putting a lot of thoughts in me. A girl, who shared her dreams with her friends only because she thought it was safe to be shared; and then manipulated and having to go through the consequences of being merely an innocent child, a dreamer... My heart aches for her. All I can do at this moment is just be by her side whenever she needs me to. But, it does take a toll on me because I have other needs and responsibilities to fulfil as well. I just pray that she will get well soon.
...
Back to Heroes 3 again.. it is a good catch! At least, to me it is. Enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment