Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Disney On Ice: Princess Wishes

20th March 2009, Friday.


All dressed up for Disney On Ice: Princess Wishes


We started our journey at about 545pm because we had to be there at least 2 hours before the show starts to collect the tickets. I mentally told myself that there is no way that I will ever ever buy these type of tickets that requires me to go collect tickets 2 hours before the show anymore. It was raining, the stadium was not opened, it was dinner time.. boy, was it a test of patience!

Did I mentioned that she was quite reluctant to go to the show? Hubby had to lie to her that we were going to this really huge "club playground". Well, can't blame her! The waiting outside the stadium made things worst. Luckily for us, A&W opened a stall there and that was our dinner. She had her favourite french fries and hubby and I had nuggets, burger and fried chicken. Yes, we were hungry.
Our dinner OUTSIDE the stadium. Yes, with mixtures of standing and squating positions.


The stadium opened at about 730pm. When we went in, we were greeted by Princess' stalls selling all the princess' stuffs! It was seriously, very very pink.


When Thea saw popcorn stuffed in a Snow White box, she immediately handed me her unfinished french fries and demanded gently for it! As usual, we gave in.

Thea & the popcorn a.k.a. her dinner

We were allowed into the "ice-ring" about 10 minutes before the show. The backdrop and set up of the whole "ice" stage was simply beautiful and somewhat breathtaking.





DaWongz @ Disney On Ice: Princess Wishes



Lots of people took turns to take pictures with the "ice" stage. So we decided to give way and went up to our seats. While we were waiting, we took some SS (shiock sendiri) pictures of ourselves.


My Princess Thea


DaWongz
...
The show started with Tinkerbell teasing the crowd. The first story was about Princess Jasmine and Prince Aladdin. Because Thea did not know much about this princess, she covered her ears and cried, "I wanna go home..."
...
Hubby and I tried to pacify her. I did the easiest. I picked her up, placed her on my lap and hugged her and spoke to her excitedly each time one princess goes backstage and another new princess appears. The subsequent princesses that appeared were princesses that she was not so familiar with, so she was really bored... like this...


Bored Princess Thea

Anyway, I enjoyed the show. My favourite was a scene from The Little Mermaid when Sebastian sand the song "Under the Sea". It was so so colorful that I was nearly in tears. My heart was overwhelmed and I think, it must have skipped a few beats! I tried taking pictures of it, but lousy camera - lousy pictures. So this is the only one I've got.


Ya, I know.. crap right?

Anyway, Thea finally began to really respond to the show when the last 3 Princesses appeared. The colourful "Under the Sea" scene lit her eyes, subsequently followed by the Sleeping Beauty. Now, Sleeping Beauty was quite a scary scene because it was the fight between Prince Phillip (I think that was his name) and the witch who turned into the dragon. The dragon was scary and there were fire too!! Thea was holding on to her popcorn and kind of hiding half her face behind the popcorn box! It was really hilarious.. hahaha.. nah, I didn't take a picture of her... siao meh.. she was already so scared and if I were to post that kind of picture here; I myself would be wondering what kind of mom I am?!?!?

When the last princess finally appeared on stage; which was also her favourite princess; she started to wave excitingly. It was Cinderella. It was the first time throughout the night that she was THAT responsive to a princess... to be honest, the whole scene was also equally breathless... Beautiful, elegant and romantic...

Thea waving non-stop to Princess Cinderella

I did try to take pictures of the scene.. but as usual, it turned out crappy so I decided not to waste space and time posting it.

Sitting next to me was this aunty who brought her grand daughter to the show. I was quite envious. I never had grandparents to really sayang or pamper me. And now, my daughter's grandparents are the blur blur type that won't bring their grand-daughter to shows like these although they are absolutely crazy about her. I know I shouldn't compare. But no harm having wishful thinking right? But I guess Thea would be more glad that it was her parents that brought her there anyway. :)

After the show, I asked the aunty a question, "Aunty, how does it make you feel when you watch this kind of show with your grand-daughter?" She laughed and answered, "Childish..." I then said to her, "But aunty, do you feel that because of them, we watch the show, it also helps to nurture that inner child in us? I mean, we never got to experience all these before during our time..." She smiled and agreed, somehow understanding what I meant.

Hubby had a theory when Thea said she wanted to go home before the show started; that it was we that wanted her to come and not her. I reflected on that, and he was right. I told him that I thought it'd be a good idea to bring her, because that is what I would have liked if I was at her age. But I failed to remember that I am not her, and she is not me... and then finally understood that ultimately, I brought hubby and Thea to show just for me! Self realisation is just amazing. But truly thankfully, Thea did enjoy the show. How we knew? We asked her, "Thea, did you enjoy the show?" She nodded her head and said, "Yes."

However, when we asked her, "So do you want to come watch the show again?" She shook her head and said, "No."

Hahahhaha.. my cutie pie...

Well done, Disney on Ice! Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment