Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brain Dead

I am literally brain dead. My mind is so tired that I feel as though the juice in my brain is all dried up. What have I been up to? Plenty. I don't understand why I make myself soooo busy... and no, it is not that I don't enjoy what I am doing (will story you on what I have been doing in a bit) - I enjoy it.. but I get tired, get what I mean.. because of this mentality of always wanting to complete EVERYTHING on time or ahead of schedule which allows me little rest and is what makes me run around like a headless chicken for the past few weeks. The best part about this is, I buy into this mentality!!!
...
Told you about the Secretarial Post with the Sri KL Alumni right? Yeah, I was pretty busy with that for the past week of checking the minutes, letter writing, organising meetings, planning this and that.. but that has been done and tasks had been delegated. Now we just have to wait for NEXT week to follow up and finalise some details and to shoot out some more appreciation letters. Great job huh?
...
And then, last Thursday (this, I didn't mention), I was 'promoted' from the post of a Resident Committee's street representative for my street to the Treasurer of the Resident Committee of my neighbourhood!! Ya, I know.. I could have said no. But one of my neighbours had a point when he suggested that since the ex-committee (which was the committee I was working with) did such a great job (which I think so too) and had executed certain planning towards enhancing the security of the neighbourhood, at least one of the ex-committee ought to stay back another term with the new elected committee members to sort of 'guide' the new committee through. OBVIOUSLY, all the other ex-committee members gave reasons like work commitments, too many years in committee and etc etc etc... so when my name was suggested (initially the President post which I had uprightly rejected due to my level of maturity to handle such a role) for the post of the Treasurer, I said 'ok'. So there is a meeting tonight.. in fact, in 15 minutes.. so let's see if I can finish this entry before heading there! hahaaha...
...
And this other 'job', which I would say the longest job in terms of time in comparison with the two mentioned above, was absolutely the most challenging for me. To edit articles for a book to be published by a meditation centre which I am quite closely associated with. Why I say closely associated is because, I am pretty close to the people there and offer my assistance in some programmes or free talks that they offer to the public, but I don't exactly consider myself as belonging to the centre although the management recognises me as one of their fun team member which I am awfully grateful for. So, this adhoc job was offered to me by BB. He was coming up with this book which I think is a good one to encourage people to take responsibility of the world that they create. Of course, there are many other good lessons in it... but I won't speak much of it here now since it is not yet published and I am pressed for time! :{
...
So I took on the job as an editor for the first time. What I thought was a simple task of just 'proofreading' articles led to me changing people's articles not only in terms of sentence structures but literally re-phrasing what they mean to the extend of altering what they had initially meant. Why I did that? Honestly, I don't know. Whenever I edited, it was not like I thought of HOW I wanted to edit the article. The words and the meanings just flows right through my fingers and onto the screen! I am not saying that I have no part in it.. but what I am trying to say is that there is a certain kind of energy that comes through me... Amazing! But ulltimately, my ONE & ONLY concern was and still is that all the articles are in line with the objective of the book - otherwise there's really just no point. Anyway, editing 20 some articles is no joke to me. Once again, I declare that I am brain dead.
...
And in addition to this project where to me, the hard work is finally over, I was invited to look at another of BB's work. So so beautiful... it is about nature and trees... I feel so honoured and privileged to be one of the first to view this book before it is published to inspire many. Anyway, I could have waited till next week to start the 'job' so to speak, but I just couldn't wait. So I have finished proofreading BB's new work, but due to the limitations of the body and time which makes it somewhat a drag to send out my comments to BB tonight or almost immediately... I decided to do myself this favour... I am going to rest for the night and for the next few days. Why? BECAUSE I AM BRAIN DEAD and will be going to KK!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
...
So off I go on a holiday with my family, accompanying me my G10. Aaahhhh.... I ask to be inspired to capture many beautiful memories and serene displays of nature. Till I come back... Be good to yourselves! :)
...
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment