Monday, July 20, 2009

Burnt

Bought some lamb from Carrefour today. Was in the mood to pamper the family. Didn't refer to any recipe from the books or the internet. Just used my instincts. And guess what...

It's BURNT!

And this was how the vegetables looked before I put them in the oven. Look fresh hor?



And it turned out BURNT, too!

And this was the end result...
...

The BURNT dinner.

But hubby loved it anyway and asked for more. He is always very encouraging whenever it comes to me cooking. :)
...
The other day, I was toying with the idea of attending cooking classes. Hubby was fully supportive, as usual. But whether I will actually go for it, is another story... ;p

4 comments:

  1. Nevermind la... I am sure it taste good. Just presentation wise, a bit out. You used honey to marinate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gerry,

    Just to share this tip with you.

    In future, whatever baking you do, please don't opt for black tray as it absorb heat easily and thus burn your food. Be it cakes / bread / lamb.. try investing in those aluminium baking tray instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gladys: I didn't use honey. I used HP sauce, Lea & Perrins, Sugar, Nutmeg and Rosemarry leaves. And ya, it did taste good, as in it was tasty, but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tough. Prissy told me while she was eating the lamb that she thought I was trying to test her jaw power.. haha

    Florence: Thanks for the tip! :) Actually, I didn't bake the lamb. I pan-fried the lamb and I did it too long.

    ReplyDelete