Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Makan Marathon with Terry Kreitzberg

I had a great 4-days of non-stop eating. In between the 4 days, I had 2 rounds of massages too! All thanks to Terry! Because he wanted to try our local food, and loved massages - hubby and I got to ride on the excuse to eat and to massage!! Ok ok, hubby didn't go for the massages, just me.. I am a sucker for massages.. haha!
...
He arrived on the 9th morning on Day 1. Hubby was off. So after dropping Thea at class, we both took a drive to LCCT to pick Terry up. We had a light breakfast at Old Town, LCCT and then headed back to pick Thea up from school. After picking Thea up from school, we headed to Pun Chun Duck Noodles in Kota Kemuning. He absolutely loved lunch! He was licking the duck and finishing the soup! Can tell, a grateful face.. hahaha.. Thea loved the duck and the noodles too!
...
After lunch, hubby went home to nap. Terry & I took a rest and then headed to Joyluck - my regular joint for reflexology. I got a foot massage and he got a body massage. Again, he loved it.
...
At about 6pm, we headed to Jalan Alor. Wanted him to try the frog porridge and the chicken wings. He didn't really appreciate the frog porridge from my observation but loved the chicken wings. He explained that the frogs in the states (he is from America) are much bigger!
...
After the early dinner, we walked towards Jalan Bukit Bintang. While he was the tourist, I was the one taking snapshots of KL with my G10, behaving like a tourist! hahahha.. hubby and Terry were having a good time teasing me! But it didn't bother me. I loved the shots I took. Will share them on facebook. :)
...
We stopped by at Dome for coffee and shisha (is this how we spell it?). Flavour was green apple. While the boys talked about flying, flying and flying.. or sailing, sailing and sailing... (Terry was a pilot and now a sailor) I was busy taking pictures (AGAIN!) with my G10. Awesome awesome! Of course, we included other common topics like religions, Phuket and etc etc when I wasn't holding my G10 aiming at something else.. haha..
...
It was time for supper. We wanted to go for beef balls along Jalan Alor but decided to head towards Chinatown for claypot noodles & roast pork instead. At first Terry was quite intimidated by the sight of the rice noodles (loh shu fun) because he thought they looked like worms. He finished his noodles anyway.. hahaha.. and that, was the end of Day 1.
...
Day 2 started off Banana Leaf Rice for us at Raju's. Amazingly, he loved the Rasum (the indian soup with spice) and the Moara (yogurt drink with spice). I am not sure if I got the spellings correct but yup.. he loved them! Plus the banana leaf rice also! And, we all (including the maid and Thea) ate with our hands. :) Hubby warned that we would all be sleepy after lunch. True enough, everyone (except the maid) took a nap.
...
For tea at approximately 3pm, we headed to the roundabouts near dad's place for Durians followed by Indian rojak and Cendol. He wasn't a big fan of Durians, but loved the cendols though he commented that they looked very much like green worms (much like the loh shu fun). Haha!
...
Since we had time to spare, we bought beer at 7-11 and headed to the park nearby. No, I was a good girl. I bought mineral water and drank water only. At the park, Terry allowed me to toy with his 1000D which I had a fabulous time experimenting with! I took so many awesome pictures!! Well, time to manifest a SLR perhaps?? hahaha.. Shortly after that, hubby ran off from our spot when he caught sight of the kite stall. He finally bought a kite - the Bat, which he said for quite some time that he would get. So, for a while there, Terry and hubby were.. yup... flying hubby's kite... hahahaha.. it was a cute sight. Two grown men flying a kite in the park, one helping the other, and the other one being helped, behaving like a little boy... hehehhe..
...
We left the park at about 5:55pm. We needed to get home, get changed and head to Port Village in Port Klang for seafood dinner. And boy, did we have a ball!!! He loved most of the food that we ordered.. except for the bamboo clams. We had an early night though, because hubby had to work the next day.
...
I took Terry to our faithful HaiSiang on Day 3 for lunch. He loved Adrian & Elly's chicken rice.. and also the yao cha kuai. I explained to him that he could dip the yao cha kuai into his black coffee which he did. It is indeed a traditional breakfast style that many of us don't practice anymore but you know what, he enjoyed it and found it really interesting!
...
At 3pm, we went to Santai Spa for traditional malay massages. Will spare you the details on that one since he wants to keep the whole experience confidential (ahem, not due to X-rated details, mind you!). But my session was good. We ended our session at about 430pm and then walked around at the nearby Pasar Malam for a while before heading home. We had to get ready for my cousin's wedding in Klang. Full of activities huh?
...
So off we went to Klang at about 7pm. We warned him about certain cultures which he might experience at a Chinese wedding. You know la.. the food serving late, the yum-sengs, the karaoke singing... (it was held at a Chinese restaurant). He enjoyed himself immensely! Especially the food! The whole 9-course of it!
...
Day 4 (which is today) left us with pork ball noodles, also in Kota Kemuning. Since hubby was working, Bee joined us. We then took a leisure drive to Subang Parade so that I could do some shopping (retail therapy.. haha!) and he could have his latte. After the shopping, we went back to Secret Recipe at Kota Kemuning for cheesecakes. Yummy!
...
It was about 3pm when we got home. Coincidentally, 'What Dreams May Come' was showing on HBO, so Terry and I both watched it together while waiting for hubby to return home from work. It was about 510pm when hubby got home. He got changed while Terry packed up. It was time for an early dinner of Luk-Luk before ferrying him to LCCT for his flight back to Phuket. Again, he absolutely loved the Luk-Luk plus the dessert (there was a tong sum van next to the luk-luk van). I am contented that we sent off a satisfied man!
...
I know this is a looooooong entry and may somehow bore you. But these are reminisces of Terry's stay with us and I would love for him to occasionally come back here to rekindle the makan marathon memory with us. :)
...
It's been fun and warming having you with us, Terry.. I hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we have enjoyed your company. 4 days is not enough... so I guess that leaves us looking forward for more... :)

3 comments:

  1. I felt full just by reading it...hehehe... sounds like you guys stuffing terry full with all the yummy Malaysian food.. hehehe.. I wanna eat cendol now.... sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not.. I didn't go poo2 for the first 3 days that he was here. He asked me where did all the food go! I wondered myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fed on all the happy cells...! ;)

    ReplyDelete