Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Cake, The Book & The Card


Last night, they came over at approximately 9pm++ with this: -

The history of this cake is something like this: -

In either year 2001/2002 or maybe 2003, Terri started baking. Since Gladys was always the more homey one, she and Terri started experimenting baking together.... or maybe Gladys was the one who taught Terri how to do it.. can't remember their history there... but ermm, I was the guinea pig. If I never mentioned before in my previous blog, we were known as the 'Angels' and each had a nickname of our own - Gladys was the Sun, Terri was the Star & I was the Moon.
...
So one fateful day in one of the earlier years that I mentioned, they baked me a crescent/half moon shaped cake. It looked horrible (given that they were amateurs then) and it tasted horrible (because it was too sweet for my tastebuds and I am not really a fan of cakes). Well, because they baked the cake unconditionally for me (either with love or as a lab rat - gosh, only they'd know!), i.e. without any expectations of me liking or hating it - they only laughed when I gave them my honest feedback. I really suffered because they wanted me to finish off the cake all by myself to prove that I love them. Thank God they had mercy and allowed me to share the cake with others... *phew!*
...
So this year, they did it again. They baked me a crescent/half moon shaped cake AGAIN. It's chocolate mint. Why? Oh.. because I bluntly requested for it a few months ago. :) This time, the cake looks more lovely than ever... In case you didn't know Terri, Terri's cake baking skills and dedorating skills are fantastic! She now takes orders for cakes or cupcakes. I am really proud of her. And Gladys, well... she is like almost good at everything she touches, especially when it comes to home-stuffs, if you know what I mean. Can't you believe it, now she can do plumbing too! *winks* Oops, I have diverted... And yeah, I appreciate it more than ever... It's beautiful... The cake, the thought, the gesture...
...
And together with the cake, came this book: -

They know, and they understand. They fully support my journey in awakening and I am so very grateful. Although we don't talk much about spiritually a lot whenever we are together, but I know that they accept my 'weirdness', with Love... Still, so unconditionally...

And I love this card signed by all of them: -


Thank you Terri & Gladys, my angels... I am sure you already know what I will say. You two always make me wonder what good things I've done to deserve 2 such beautiful friends in my life to love me so unconditionally. I truly appreciate your presence in my life, and all that we experience together.

And thank you too, Ramesh, Christian, Harrison & Gladys' mom for signing the card. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you like it my dear angel... :)

    For the record, no, we didnt treat you as guinea pig long ago. we sincerely baked for you. We can bake 'star', 'sun', or simply round or square cake, but no, we wanted to do a moon. Just for u.

    For another record, no, I didnt teach terri how to bake. We learn from recipe book. :)

    So, buzz us when u free ok. We go for belated birthday dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete