Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sri KL Alumni Association (is this correct?)

Today was some AGM for the Sri KL Alumni Association. I busybody volunteered myself to attend because it was mentioned in the message that if there was not enough quorum, the whole association would be dissolved. Since one of my old friends whom I had not met in years is the President, I decided to go support2.
...
Arrived there at 230pm. The school really changed alot.. A lot more buildings, infrastructure and etc. Nice. I didn't have time to take pictures (although that was one of my initial reason for attending the AGM) as I was running a little late for the meeting, which was supposed to start at 230pm. Konon-lah... President & Vice President also belum sampai.. so waited and chatted with the current principal, Mr. Chew, Bee Lian who is the advisor (I think) to the Association and some juniors. I graduated in year 1994... they graduated between the years of 2006-2008. Amazing! I was a super senior.. hah!
...
So the President & Vice President arrived. Meeting started... citing this business and that business according to the agenda of the meeting.. and you know what... I landed myself as a newly appointed Secretary of the Alumni for the following terms. Cool! I only wanted to go there to meet old friends and I get a 'job' in return!!
...
Ya, I could have said no. But I didn't. Not sure if I created it, because prior to the arrival of the President, the others were sharing with me how difficult it was to get hold of the older students to be active in the alumni and etc etc etc, and the thoughts that were running at the back of my head was, "eh, ya hor.. how come I am here ar? do I have business here ar?"
...
Being at a state where I am now, I accepted the role since I have an assistant Secretary too.. cheh... glamour right.. got assistant leh... hahaha... While unsure of my actual job function/description, ideas were already running in my head on how to boost the Alumni - as in increase its membership and make it a 'happening' alumni so that students would actually want to be part of the old students association! How encouraging!
...
I doubt that it is going to be hard work. In fact, I think it is going to be quite fun! One thing about having an additional fun thing to do, but imagine all the old friends I'd be able to connect with!! It'd be a ball to catch up with most of them!
...
Btw, I did meet old friends. The President, Wee Khai & Vice President, Steven were my seniors in school. It sure felt great to see them. We caught up a bit after the meeting and guess what!!! THEY ARE ALL INTO PHOTOGRAPHY TOO!!!! Wee Khai even introduced me to his professional photographer friend, Anthony who takes photographs for models!! Can you imagine my delight! Coolness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment