Saturday, April 4, 2009

Honey Garlic Roast Chicken with Mash Potatoes and Salad

I don't know what's gotten into me lately. The thought came and I just acted on it.
...
Last night after I came home from my night out with the girls, I had a thought of cooking dinner the next day - which is today. I remembered Su telling me that there were drumstick thighs in the freezer so I made a mental note to cook that for dinner. This morning when hubby kissed me good bye before he left work I told him blurry in my sleep but with a smile that I was going to cook dinner tonight. He thought I was talking in my sleep! :)
...
I took out the drumstick thighs this morning when I woke up. Waited for it to defrost and started marinating the drumstick thighs with honey garlic sauce (left over from CNY), additional garlic and mixed herbs at about 3:30pm. I had another thought that since we had french fries too many rounds before this perhaps I should try to make mash potatoes this time instead and the first person to consult was of course, the Kitchen Goddess - Alina. :)
...
I text her and since she was out, she referred me to one of her recipes in her blog (please check out http://alinagracekitchen.blogspot.com/ - great recipes there though I am too chicken to try them out myself). Ok, so I got it. And then I got confused by it, called her but she didn't answer, and then called Terri for help. So now, I get 2 recipes with the same ingredients but with pretty different methods to do it. So how now? I trusted my instincts.
...
It was DELICIOUS!!! I absolutely loved it and hubby said it was tasty too!! (ok, ok.. I know that it is pretty easy to make mash potatoes but it is my first time ok!!!)
...
So, this is how the preparation dish looked while waiting for the drumstick thighs to be roasted: -
All lined up - Fresh salad and the mash potatoes on the side

And this was when the drumstick thighs were still roasting in the oven: -

Preheated oven at 220 degree Celsius for 20 minutes and roasted for 20 minutes at same temperature.

And the result,

If you are wondering why I am only exploring roast chicken... hmm.. to be honest, I thought about this too... perhaps they are the easiest recipes to find the necessary ingredients. Honestly, I don't know myself. I did try fish the last time and must give credit to myself for that. Hubby said that I could try lamb or beef the next time. Hmm... good suggestions... but will I have the courage?

We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment