Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I've GOT IT!!!!!!

I was wondering when I would ever get my camera. Last night, Jon messaged me through FB and told me that dad asked me to get my camera and to pass him the receipt. I was getting excited! When hubby came home from mamak with Paul (I was already asleep then), I smiled and told him in my sleep, "honey, tomorrow we go get my camera together ok..." See la.. in my dream also I think about it... hahaha..
...
So after breakfast this morning, we headed towards Fotokem in SP. I told Ah Wai (the shop assistant) that I wanted to see SX1 IS, SX10 IS, G10 and SX110 IS. Clearly, the first 2 that I suggested was too huge for me to carry around so I didn't really explore it though they looked beautiful. So I concentrated on G10 and SX110. I don't know why, I was literally drooling... it was as if my saliva was dripping all over.. now I know what it feels like.. to be presented with things that ticked my heart... It was splendid.
...
Obviously, the G10 was a better model. But I was also considering the SX110 because of its price and my amateur level. But Tuck Loon did say something that made sense - whatever camera that you have, you will learn how to use it. And hubby was definitely more interested in the G10 although he voiced out that he will respect my decision since it is MY camera... I text Gladys, sharing with her my saliva dripping over the G10, and she replied, "Buy." And so I did. I was like a little girl presented with a beautiful doll which I have been dreaming of... (though this doll is actually BLACK in colour.. hahaha) I brought home with me a Canon G10. On the way home, I could feel the excitement in me, still.. wanting to take out the camera to play with it, toy with it, explore it...
...
I will be heading off soon for a karaoke session with the girls in 10 minutes. I told Gladys to bring her SLR to take picture of my baby so that I could post in on my blog. I can't wait... this joy and rejoice that I have, I can't explain it - Gladys text and said she could feel my happiness! I am sure, because that would have been how she felt when she got her SLR. :)
...
So I am going off now... ya, I know I ought to charge the battery first, but I really can't wait. I want to satisfy this thirst of excitement (as how Gladys put it) first and worry about the battery later. It will serve me well.
...
Till then... oh... G10... my new baby... in cloud 9 d... ;p

5 comments:

  1. woohoo...G10 it is eh. Nice. Enjoy it yea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new camera....Have fun at karaoke, too...I miss karaoke. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i said i can feel your happiness... i meant "i can feel your happiness all the way here cause of your neverending sms-es to me about the camera...". How can I not feel it? lols

    anyway, welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an issue with G10 that has been announced yesterday. Check yours if the 4th and 5th digits of the serial no matches the one listed here:
    Canon G10 Notice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allen, thanks for the notice. Mine is safe! THANK GOD!

    ReplyDelete