Saturday, April 4, 2009

Night Out with the Angels (are we still?)

Me, Terri & Gladys
Taken at CoffeeBean, Genting - My 26th Birthday, 2003

I had a good day today. Started with Cheng Beng in the morning with my dad, brothers and Thea, followed by an interview session with Heng & Maylin. The interview session was really long, but I had fun getting to know them. I would have so much to write about them.
...
I was running a little late because I left Oneness late and made a wrong turn. Thankfully, no one was 'mad' at me when I turned up at Bodhitree. Both of my dear friends, Terri and Gladys were already there.
...

We had many many 'light meals', a main course which we could not finish, a bottle of wine and a pot of flower tea. Honestly, I don't know how we could have stuffed so much of food in the little stomachs of ours. But we almost finished the food.. and absolutely finished the wine and the pot of tea! :p We had a great time talking and laughing and chatting. A-hem, I don't know what was so funny or got into those two - they laughed till they teared!!
...

After dinner, we walked to Coffeebean, shared a drink - courtesy of Terri. And guess what we talked about most - the subject that the two found most boring - insurance, mortgages and investments. Seriously, they were the one who asked about the subjects and then ended up yawning as I explained to them! Now come to think about it, I find them both so cute and am laughing to myself as I think back of those 'trying hard to understand me' faces... hahahha..



Gladys, Terri & I
Ya.. we were absolutely crazy about each other then ;p

They are a gem, each in my life. I think I've loved them since the day I met them. We used to call ourselves Charlie's Angels. We were young and full of life. But also because we were all growing up, we had to learn our lessons with each other and also walk our own journey for lessons to be learnt with other people. We faced many downtimes with each other - suppression of our true feelings, judgements, taking sides, being entangled with each others' issues and oh.. so many of them.. and yes, we did fall out of favour with each other occasionally. But really, were we angry with each other, or just ourselves because we couldn't handle our friendship any better, any wiser? I don't know.. but that is not important anymore. Because as far as I can recall, moments with them were always wonderful and worth the while, eventhough some moments involved our own vulnerability.
...

We each have our own life now. But it feels so good tonight because we are able to blend in again with each other, like the good old times; except now with a little more wisdom and a little more understanding of the self and each other. I can't speak for them, but I had a splendid time with them, because they were they; and I was I. And now I recall again that it was them that had always encouraged me to be me. I love them, because they were and are still my teachers to guide and show me I ought to love myself and accept myself. Imagine.. the lesson started so long ago, and yet it is only now that I've learnt it. And I am grateful for their patience with me, for their willingness of still wanting to be present in my life. And even if they had ceased being my teachers in that area, I would forever be grateful to them for their presences and friendship in my life.
...

Thank you, Angels... no matter what we turn out be, you will always be my angels. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure about who you hanged out with at bodhitree... I was at Yogitree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry la... Bodhitree or Yogitree, sounds the same to me leh... hahahhaa.. but whatever it is, at least we are quite sure that we were 'under' a TREE!

    ReplyDelete