Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Drama, Another Abundance

I finally managed to resolved my uncle's insurance issue for his new car; and then I received a call from the President of our Resident Committee sharing that another maid has ran away from the neighbourhood.
...
At that time when I heard the news, I really don't know whether to thank God, laugh, or cry... thank God for the experience, laugh because I created it, cry because that means more work!! :{
..
Anyway, I went about doing my own things today which had already been planned. Don't know since when (or maybe I've always been like that but never realised it), I was more concerned about ME rather than anybody else. When evening came close, I knew that it was a matter of time that I had to call the President to discuss about the matter. To make things worse for me, I didn't know how to operate the damn CCTV at the guard house, and didn't know how to link it to a viewable format.
...
Met Kuna (the president) at about 8 something. We walked to the guard house together. He sounded the guards a little, I went to check out the CCTV. Nope, I couldn't do it. Just don't understand that darn manual. So I automatically dialed Kelvin's (the ex-president) number. He couldn't help. So I called Terence and Kevin and Keem. Terence and Kevin are from the same street and Terence was a former committee. Very very helpful. Keem left after realising that there was nothing that she could do anyway (seriously, I think it is a girl thing - when it comes to talking to guards and connecting CCTV to viewable format and all, girls just can't do it!). Terence and Kevin stayed on with us. While Kevin was busy sorting out the technicals, Terence took us to a possible escape route of the runaway maid. Now, Kuna and I 'pening kepala'...
...
By the time Kevin got what was recorded on the CCTV to a viewable format on his laptop, we all watched the recorded movements together and concluded a few things. I think Terence left us half way through. At least we now know that the guards were not negligent.
...
What is the abundance you ask? Friendly and supportive neighbours. :) They (Terence & Kevin) need not be present if they didn't want to. But they came over almost in a hurry when we called for assistance. So wonderful to have such beautiful and warm neighbours, isn't it?
...
Anyway, it's about 1030pm now and I am already back for almost an hour. That means that we are quite efficient *winks*! heheheh... just kidding.. We were blessed, Kuna & I, with wonderful support from Terence & Kevin.
...
Thanks so much, Terence & Kevin. You guys are really one hell of a neighbour!! Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment