Friday, September 25, 2009

Dad's 59th Birthday

It's Dad's birthday today. Oops... yesterday... Aunty Amy & I had "lui cha" breakfast with him this morning at a nearby shop in KK. Although the time spent was limited (because I had to rush home to pick Thea up for class), I treasured every moment of it.

To top it up, he accepted graciously the appreciation gift I got for him for his birthday :D! I bought him a DVD about traveling around the world... he loves traveling. And he promised Thea that he would bring Thea to school one day... this, I gotta experience!!

Came evening, we met at Taman Rashna, Klang for dinner to celebrate his birthday. Accompanying us, were the people from a temple he is closely associated with, Uncle Jimmy, Shirley, Aunty Amy, Aunty Nooi & Pauline's family.


Thea & Dad.
I absolutely love this picture! Dad & Thea just look so happy!!
...
Dad & Thea cutting the birthday cakes together.
...
Dad had 2 cakes - one from Sans Terri Cottage and the other from our nearby bakery in a shape of a teapot. Aunty Nooi (one of my aunt) asked me if I was trying to imply that he is very naggy and 'long-gas' like a "cha pou" (teapot - a saying in Cantonese to symbolise someone who is long-winded). It came to me as a surprise because it never crossed my mind until she mentioned it. I chose the teapot because Dad loves to drink Chinese tea! Simple as that! No hidden meaning at all! hehehe... funny how we usually put an implied meaning into things, which are just, THINGS!! But then again, I am not sure if that was what my subconscious was projecting. If it was, then it's time to do more 'homework'! haha..

I don't really know all the names of the people from the temple, but the people in the picture are mainly the people from the temple, then there's Dad, Shirley and Uncle Jimmy.

Our family photo for the night.

Left to Right: Bee, Jon, Pauline, Thea, Dad, Me, Aunty Amy & Aunty Nooi

Happy Birthday Daddy... I wish you love, calmness, peace, abundance and all that's your birth right...

I love you. :)

4 comments:

  1. Thea looks absolutely happy with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday uncle...wishing you year year got that day, age age got that morning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father is so young, only 59 years old. May he stay healthy and have many more years to enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alina: Ya man!! That is like the best picture they ever had together!!

    Gladys & mun: Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete