Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Potential Tai2

I promised LF last week to get her 2 x Joey Yap's feng shui calender. Since my date with Midvalley was cancelled, I relied on my dear mother to get it for me. Konon-lah, she forgot. But seeing that it was a public holiday anyway (on the day that my mom visited Midvalley), Joey Yap's office would have been closed anyway. So I got my other girlfriend, Terri to get it for me from Pavillion. LF mentioned Midvalley or Pavillion so since no Midvalley, Pavillion would have to be the next best choice since Terri works right opposite the shopping haven. Unfortunately, neither LF, Terri or I knew where to get the calendars within the vicinity of Pavillion, so I decided to take a trip up to Midvalley myself today to get it.
...
I won't share the inner journey of the final decision of going to Midvalley, because it is all played up by guilt. But you see, I had a choice, as I always remind myself - reverse whatever my intentions are.
...
So this morning, while waiting for Thea to finish her class, I went for a mani-pedi session with intentions to flaunt my beautiful nails at Penny's wedding in Malacca this Saturday (ya, I know, I know.. this is guilt too.. ;p). After Thea's class, I took her to lunch at Sakae. Lunch cost us both RM79++, can you imagine?!?!?! During lunch, I accidentally 'scraped' one of my beautifully painted nails.. so I told Thea, "girl, after lunch, mommi has to go repair the nail." She curiously looked at my nail and exclaimed, "mommi!! your nails are pink!!" Since we were at it, I explained to her what I did to my nails and she said she wanted to paint her nails too!! She decided on pink and blue.
...
Yup, she did manicure too. It cost me RM15. She had her fingers painted pink and blue on alternate fingers. Ya, I know.. kinky. She was really amazed at what the lady was doing to her nails, filing, painting the base coat, colours and top coat, but finally got bored during the fan blowing bit. I took pictures. But please pardon the idea of laziness that hogged the mind, hence the decision not to upload the photos from the phone to the laptop, to this entry.
...
And while she was doing all that, I got my 'scraped' nail 'fixed'.
...
She looked great and was walking around with her fingers spread out because she was afraid that if she had accidentally hit something, the paint would come off! She was so cute.. at one point while we were walking towards the lift to our car, she said, "mommi, my face right here (pointing to the area of the face but not touching it) is itchy, please scratch for me." I burst out into laughter.. and after scratching for her, she pointed to another area of her face which required my service of scratching! Simply, simply adorable!!!
...
We left for Midvalley. We took a while to find Joey Yap's office but soon found it, thanks to Angel's assistance. After purchasing the long awaiting calendars (which I had 20% off - aaahh.... what abundance), we went to San Terri Cottage for cake and cold coco. Beh tahan her (cannot stand her)... like a tai2 only... the way she ate her cake and drank her cold coco.. hahhaa.. I took pictures too and sent it to hubby, Bee and Pauline!! It was so sweet!!
...
After our simple session of cakes and cold coco, we went to BB & LF's place to pass her the calendars. She was asleep and BB greeted us. While we walked up the stairs before arriving at their unit, she asked me, "mommi, where are we going?" I explained to her that we were going to my teacher's home - aunty Lai Fan and uncle BB's house. She responded, "oooohhhh..... uncle Ba-By's house..." hahahaa... I burst out laughing... she was just so so cute and adorable.. Unfortunately, when she saw BB, she did not greet him and shyed away from him. :{
...
We weren't there long, since LF was taking a nap and both Thea & I were both tired. So we headed home. She fell asleep on the way back home.
...
It is an interesting day. When hubby called and asked me where I was, I told him everything and he was surprised that I hung out with her the WHOLE day without the company of my girlfriends. He has this perception that I would either go to Midvalley alone or with my girlfriends, especially since today is Thursday - Gladys would be free.
...
Well, I did something out of the extra-ordinary today, and had much fun and laughter. I remember times when I felt obligated to 'take care' of her whenever I am out with her alone and felt like she was a burden to go out with, alone. But today's event and experience really brought a new possibility to me on how I could actually enjoy my time with her, outside of home.
...
I had a great time. And I am grateful for this experience. Much appreciation to LF for creating such an opportunity for me, to Thea for this wonderful day, and to myself - for giving myself the opportunity to experience this in a new light.
...
Love.

2 comments: