Friday, September 4, 2009

A Tai2 in a Public Speaking Course?!?

Yup, that's what I did! I attended a 2-day public speaking course and had absolute fun!! I am very blessed because I was offered to attend the public speaking course for FREE!! So grateful and appreciative of the abundance! And one of the best part was being able to attend it with LF (BB's wife). I took it as an opportunity to get to know her better and also, to learn from her. Another form of abundance!!
...
The course was conducted at C&C by this dude, Edmund Yap. He is one of the recent new regulars in C&C and seems to be an absolutely lively and enthusiastic kinda person!
...
Before I agreed to attend the course, I had some visions that I would be doing some public speaking. No, no.. I am not aiming to be a candidate... it's like some role in introduction or sharing... I could just see it. But even if those were just tricks my mind was acting up, it was fine for me... because no harm acquiring another skill, or learning more right. Motto was FUN! So I said YES!!
...
What I found challenging during the 2-day course was the topics that I had to choose to present my 'speech'. As you know, being a Tai2, I am not attached to any registered company, do not have anything to 'sell' or 'promote' and etc etc; yet, there were still things I could talk about!! Amazing. I spoke of myself, spoke of some shit analogy (which everyone enjoyed but totally missed the essence of my message), spoke of marketing plans for C&C, spoke of a proposal to 'business' associates of Clove&Clive and even iPhone! Overall, I think I did quite alright for a person who has absolutely no direction in life.. haha!! Could I have done better? Sure.. but surprisingly, I am not beating myself up for it! All I can remember now of the moments spent there is FUN, FUN, FUN!!
...
Edmund is a pretty dynamic speaker. Although some of the examples weren't really in line with my current principles (whoaahhhhh.... I've got principles?!?!?!?), ok ok.. not principles, the kind of practices that I embrace; but he is pretty alright. Made everyone in class (albeit a small class) really comfortable and presented what he needed to teach clearly. Did I mention, we laughed a lot!!
...
So, I had a fun-filled 2 days. I ought to be busy moving forward, but I am sure I'd be having loads of fun too..
...
Love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment