Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jaclyn Victor

The first time I heard her sing was during the semi finals or the session before the semi finals of Malaysian Idol. She was good - damn good. And then I heard from hubby (don't think we were married then) that she was not selected to be in the semi finals or finals (don't know which is which) and then he complained about discrimination and blah blah blah.. and then I never got around knowing what happened to her except that she won the Malaysian Idol title.
...
A few weeks ago during a casual and somewhat routine karaoke session with Gladys and Terri, Gladys put on one of her songs - Gemilang. Although the analogue was not on because Gladys was trying to sing the song (and I honestly don't know what she was singing - sorry, Gladys! ;p), but I felt that the tune was nice. So I told myself I must try to get myself her album to listen to it.
...
Yesterday, I went to Carrefour for some grocery shopping at about 9am. When I arrived at the 2nd floor (the stationery floor), I observed that there were sections that were offering CDs and VCDs at RM10.00 each. I pushed the trolley one side with intentions to ransack the rack to see if I could find anything I liked. And there it was, I found a few but only decided one for final purchase - Jaclyn Victor.
...
Listening to the CD - her voice and her emotions put into the tune that brought out her voice (or was it the other way round?), it was amplifying... I can't say that I like all the songs in the album, but listening to her voice brings tears to my eyes and touches my heart. I felt so proud of her; her courage to bring forth her beautiful voice and talent to public to share her gift. It's simply astonishing.
...
I keep listening to her songs the whole day, well actually more like as often as I had the chance to. Even shared it with hubby and acted out to Thea as if I was Jaclyn Victor singing to her.. hahhaa.. she looked blur, wondering what I was doing and asked me innocently, "mommi... what are you doing????" hahaha.. it was hilarious and cute..
...
Inro says I am out-of-date. Well, I acknowledge that. But hey, that is not going to stop me from enjoying one of the most beautiful creations in this illusionary world right... *winks*
...
Well done, Jaclyn! And thanks, Gladys! :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was showing you appreciation ler.. not complimenting you. But one thing I have to compliment you and forgot to mention in the entry is that you do have very good taste in music! aiyah... actually, you have good taste in almost everyhing lah! :)

    ReplyDelete