Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Motorbike Ride

Last night, we went to my in laws place for our routine family dinner. Before we left home, I was sharing with hubby that I felt bored (AGAIN!) - as if the body wants to do something - something different, new and exciting. He just laughed.
...
So when we arrived at my in laws place and before he walked into the house, he mumbled that he was going to take my FIL's motorbike out for a ride. I looked up excitedly (from staring at the ground)with my eyes lighted up and shouted, "I wanna go too!!!!!!!". He turned around, gave me a smile and said, "come on, let's go!".
...
After our greetings to my in laws, we left on my FIL's motorbike. Thea didn't want to come along despite the numerous offerings. It was awesome!! Romantic and somewhat exciting! I've never sat on a motorbike before and when I shared that with hubby, he was literally shocked but expressed his gratefulness that my first ride was with him. Felt like a virgin.. hehehe..
...
Imagine, he was riding in front, and I was behind him. My arms wrapped around his waist as I pressed my *ahem* chest against his back.. wah... like those romance novels expression leh.. hehehhe.. As the air was quite stale around the neighbourhood, he brought me behind the neighbourhood where there was a large area of greens - simply wonderful. The air was cooling and fresh.. ahhh.... Feeling was just great!
...
Well, in between the romantic ride, feelings of guilt and discomfort did arise - "eh, I am not the first one he rode a bike with wor.."; "he rode with his ex before" and blah blah blah.. sighs.. all thoughts of inadequacy. Before, I am quite sure I would have start swimming in those thoughts and started a 'war' with hubby! Instead, I decided, to consciously enjoy the experience and what was already there for me and at the same time, do the process of 'reclaiming my power' to dissolve the illusion of inadequacy which had, again and again before deprived me from savouring the every beautiful moment of my life. I loved the ride.
...
When we got home from my in laws' after a sumptuous dinner, I went out for a puff thinking about the motorbike ride. Shortly, hubby came out of the house with his ciggie, sat down beside me and expressed again how wonderful he felt being able to experience my first motorbike ride with him. Felt so much gratitude... :)
...
Also an experience - forgot to bring my camera to take a shot of us with the motorbike. But it was perfect anyway. It only leaves me with more opportunities to enjoy more motorbike rides with hubby in future, with my camera in hand. :)
...
Or perhaps... just maybe... I'd be the one riding the bike, ferrying my hubby with his arms wrapped around my waist... aaaahhhhh... COOL!!!

1 comment: