Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baked Chicken Drumsticks


I did this ALL by myself!!!
(except for cleaning of chicken drumsticks & cutting of broccoli)
...
Yup! I did it again. I got into the mood this morning and told hubby that we should have roast chicken for dinner. He smiled and said ok. Now, this is usually his speciality; but today, I took over. I ransacked nearly all the recipe books that I had and picked one which required all the ingredients I already have at home! Haha! Oh yes, the recipe said "baked" but I roasted instead. Hmm.. this I must admit was my mistake because I kept on thinking I wanted to roast, so I roasted instead of baked.
...
And...
It turned out well. Oh yes, I did it all by myself except for the cleaning of chicken drumsticks and the cutting of broccoli. Was busy doing something else then.. ;p
...
I marinated the chicken at approximately 3:45-4:00pm, cut the potatoes and carrots, cleaned up the sink and left. :)
...
The Result: -
...
  • Thea loves it. :)
  • Hubby - don't know yet because we have not eaten our dinner because he is outside talking to his boss. But then again, I'm sure I'd pass the test when it comes to him because he always praises me whenever I cook. I know, I know... comment not reliable, but hey, I need encouragement right? Maybe he is afraid that I won't cook for him anymore! haha!
  • Myself - taste is good.. though I do find it a little dry (I stole a bite from Thea). Next time, I should try to "bake" rather than "roast". Haha!

...

Anyway, here's the recipe - especially for An. :)

Ingredients
6 pieces of chicken drumsticks (I only used 3)
...
Seasoning
1 tbsp chopped garlic (I used 1 tbsp)
1 1/2 tsp salt (I used 1/2)
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (I used 1 tsp)
1 tsp paprika (1 used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (I used 1/3)
...
1 tbsp olive oil or corn oil
...
Method
1. Combine chicken drumsticks with seasoning and marinate for at least 3-4 hours.
2. Line a baking tray with foil. Arrange drumsticks on tray.
3. Sprinkle olive oil all over the drumsticks.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220C for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
5. Remove, serve baked drumsticks with whatever... (I served with home made french fries and blanched broccoli and carrots which I also made myself :))
...
Considering my standard in cooking... Yeah, I am quite proud of myself. Are you proud of me too? ;D
...

1 comment: