Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Solemn Declaration - FAILED

Yes, I failed.
...
2 days ago, I had reunion dinner with my mom. Chow brought 4 bottles of wine and he was like, "huh, serious arr.. I brought 4 bottles of wine wor.. how to finish if you don't drink?" and my mom added, "ya lah.. now what festival... you fast drinking some other time la.. " when I said I am not drinking for a month. :/
...
So... I gave in. Not because of what they said, but more because of the peace of the decision to do so. I figured if I didn't drink, it would cause discomfort for everyone and then guilt in myself; so I decided to be "compassionate" and "kind" to myself rather than to hold on to my integrity of not drinking for the month just for this night.
...
Did I beat myself up for it? DEFINITELY NOT! I enjoyed myself immensely and it was not because of the wine. It was because of the company during dinner. We talked and laughed. It was truly joyful.
...
And the effects after the wine was - I experienced bloatedness in my body and calmness in the midst of blurness in my mind. Don't understand? Hehe.. neither do I. I was just being aware of my physical, mental and emotional state. I was peaceful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment