Monday, January 12, 2009

Nature.

It was many days ago that I seem to have noticed its beauty. It's peculiar, because I've never really stopped to look. And yet, when I actually made a conscious effort to be mindful about my thoughts, feelings & bodily reactions, I started to notice how beautiful nature really is.
...
It started out when I was driving out of the guard house of my home this one day. When I looked straight ahead I saw the skies... so beautifully blended in light blue colour with some orange streaks. The sight was so beautiful and I wondered to myself, how come I never noticed it before that such beautiful skies were just right in front of me; and not in some beaches or ports or countries. I was so thankful to have eyes to witness such a sight, and gave my thanks to the Universe for making this world to beautiful. I stopped a moment to enjoy the sight, and even as I drove off, that scene was in my mind.
...
Some days after that, the usual smoke-after-lunch routine. I was sitting at my car porch, facing my garden. A bird that was flying across the sky which caught my attention somehow; and again, another awesome awesome sight... Light blue skies... with white streaks of cloud.. some clouds were forming its shapes; elephants, trumpets, whatever...; the wind blew and weather was cooling... I smiled at such beautiful sight and noticed the peace in me.
...
Another day. I called Terri. I was not in peace that day and I wanted to vent, but somehow nothing came out of it. And then I realised, that I just wanted to hear her voice, to soothe my guilt. It was raining. She was indeed on the line, but we did not speak. My eyes stared straight at the direction of my pond; and I noticed... the surface of the water in my pond as the raindrops came in contact with it. Each raindrop formed a circle when it touched the water of the pond and then disappeared almost instantly; and the many many raindrops that did that, made it so complete and beautiful. And then I noticed, that the sound of the pitter-patters... it was soothing as well... and the raindrops that hit my pebble-washed car porch... hmm... nice... and I asked Terri, "have you ever see how beautiful it is? The raindrops on a puddle of water, the synchronised sounds of the thunders and the rain, the pitter-patters.. and how they hit the ground..." She replied, "no... but one day, I will stop and see." I smiled. We hung up after that. There was really nothing to say. Just presence felt and a realisation that sometimes, not everything needs to be said.
...
Last night, the moon was so round and beautiful with trails of airplant jets; one above it, and the other below. I couldn't resist and wanted to take a picture of it, but my camera could not handle its beauty. I quickly called Angeline who didn't pick up the phone; and T2 who answered the phone to share the beauty I saw. T2 said that there was a chinese saying that when you see such a sight, it is a message from God - to leave the past when its suppose to be; the past, and look ahead. Thank you T2, for the message.
...
Today, I was having coffee with hubby at SaiBao, this almost new coffee joint in KK. It was drizzling. While he was talking on the phone, I noticed a sparrow. It was bathing itself in a puddle of water accumulated by the rain on an uneven walk way. I smiled again. It was beautiful.. so many many beautiful faces of nature, and yet we take it for granted, chasing things that we deemed mattered too much to us. We'd blame the uneven walk way if we'd ever trip on it... but without it, how could the little sparrow clean its feathers and beak?
...
I've never really appreciated nature as it is. Or whatever, as it is. Now I begin to understand a little more of what Tuck Loon meant by "Peace is when we see what is, is."
...
Here's hoping that you will begin to find the little joys nature brings to us, everyday... Thank you, dear Universe... for allowing these experiences through my willingness to see beauty...
...
Blessed We Are.

No comments:

Post a Comment