Friday, January 30, 2009

His Birthday - Cozy, Cozy.

Hubby & I at HaiSiang Kopitiam, Puchong
...
His first celebration was last night with his family. Dinner was superb as usual because my in laws are just excellent cooks. My MIL even baked him a birthday cake! Too bad I didn't bring my camera so I couldn't take pictures of the occasion, but it was certainly cozy and comfortable, with my FIL, MIL, Jay Lyn, Siang, Thea and Sukanah around. Oh yes, I must mention this, my MIL's baking skills has really improved. The cake was yummy and not sweet at all! Delicious!!

Sorry I can't share much about this event because I was quite "high" from lack of sleep due to catching up with the Heroes Series the day before yesterday, and yesterday itself. :( But it was truly a warm night filled with love, being surrounded by family. It was a lovely night.
Well, tonight is really special too. I planned it all out with help from my dear friends, Adrian & Elly. I told Elly that it was Jason's birthday and that I would like to have dinner at their Kopitiam and have Adrian cooked. If I had not mentioned, Adrian cooks the best western food!

We started out our journey to HaiSiang at about 6:50pm. He had absolutely no idea where I was bringing him for dinner. I just told him to dress comfortably and leave the rest to me. :) I told him that I had to go to Citibank first to do some banking and since we were in Puchong, we will go to HaiSiang to pai-nin with Elly & Adrian. He still did not suspect anything. By the time we arrived at HaiSiang, he was literally shocked that we were going to have dinner there! Haha.. the look on his face, I wish I had it on camera! Anyway, it was until when we decided where we wanted to sit; Adrian came over to set the table up for us like this: -

Pretty romantic for a kopitiam huh?


He cooked up a storm for us in the following order: -


Salad


Appetizer: Grilled zucchinis, yellow zucchinis and carrots - yummy!

Adrian called this a light main course, whatever that means: Fish & Chips

The apparently Heavy Main Course: Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes

Followed by,

I had absolutely no idea about the "I Love You" on the birthday cake, but then again, what the heck! haha...

And here's a picture of the lovely and talented chefs & owners of HaiSiang who made it all happen,

Elly, little Abby & Adrian
...

Hubby actually commented in the midst of the dinner that this was indeed one of the best birthday dinners he has ever had because he has never celebrated his birthday in a kopitiam before and the food was absolutely fantastic! It was truly authentic. I agreed with him that it was pretty special because we were actually enjoying such a well dished up dinner at our very own friends' kopitiam cooked by themselves! How good can it get!

Thank you so much, Elly & Adrian. We truly truly had a great time and enjoyed the food immensely. The whole table set up with candles were also lovely. It is truly a night to be remembered and it wouldn't have been so perfect if not for you two beautiful cooking angels. :)

For the rest of you who wants to try out food and drinks at HaiSiang Kopitiam, the location is in Bandar Puteri Puchong. It is the same row as Citibank Puchong Branch, opposite Giant and right next to Old Town. Believe it or not, it is better than Old Town. Food and drinks are not only excellent, but their services are so personalised. They know nearly all their customers by names! Anyway, if you do indeed to pay them a visit, you must, you must try their chicken rice which is only served on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.

As for my hubby - May all of your manifestations come true!! *winks* Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. wow... indeed a lovely authentic birthday surprise.

    wishing jason a lovely happy birthday. May all goodness continue to strive!

    ReplyDelete