Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DaWongz


This is almost all the family members of DaWongz.
(Only missing is our Uncle Tom, Aunty Chloe & her 2 daughters in Singapore & cousin Andrew)
...
When I first met Jason, meeting his family members were quite overwhelming. It was not nervousness out of meeting such a big crowd, but more of their simplicity that I wasn't used to. You see, I came from a family that is deemed simple, but actually; not so simple. It's complicated.. and really, also a little too complicated to explain here and if I do, it would deviate from the main topic of this entry.
...
They were all very simple people. Their gatherings were mainly at home with home cooked food because it was not only healthier, but also thriftier. Now I came from a family who always preferred to eat outside. To me, it's a real a hassle cooking so I always thought it would be more convenient and easier eating outside. But each time, the experience of eating out with them is somehow.. I don't know.. just not the same. It was like, eating home was better; and everyone had a chance to catch up with each other and laugh together. Hanging out more with DaWongz has indeed brought more sense to me of what a family and home is.
...
The whole of them are very understanding and nice people. They don't judge or say anything when you can't make it to a dinner gathering with them; even when they know that the reason why you don't turn up is because your hubby isn't there, and you'd feel left out there. And the very next time you turn up, they never fail to welcome you in their warmest way. It's a true family.
...
To add on, I believe the only person, who may be the actual reason why everyone gathers together is Jason's grandmother; whom we all refer to as Ma-Ma. She is 90+ and is still going strong. She is almost the quietest amongst us all. Although I think she hardly understands English, she would just sit amongst us to listen to our conversation (mainly in English) just to be present with us. A gem indeed. May she blessed with good health and longevity.
...
I've come to appreciate being part of DaWongz. I've come to appreciate each and every one of them and the gifts that they bring to the family. The old, the young, the married and singles. They are all different individuals that bring laughter to the family each time we all gather and meet.
...
I am proud to be part of this family. There is an immense gratefulness. I don't know how to explain it. There are more that I could write about this family, but then my words to describe each and every one of them may not bring about justice to their wonderful presence in my life.
...
I guess the reason why I chose to write an entry about DaWongz is because I want to introduce them to you; those who read my blog. Because they are now my family too; and I love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment